New keys?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

codsta8

Reaction score
Just got done installing 3"blocks on rear....my ? is do I need new keys in front to get it level or can I just crank on the stock torsion bar?

House003

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would definitely go with new keys because I'm pretty sure the max your stock key can get is 2"

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
Just got done installing 3"blocks on rear....my ? is do I need new keys in front to get it level or can I just crank on the stock torsion bar?
Stock keys will get you the same amount of crank as aftermarkets. However with 3" blocks, there is no way you could get it high enough to be level.

House003

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Crank the stock keys without blocks to get it level, or get new keys to crank up to level with the 3" blocks

codsta8

Reaction score
What I mean is do the make a kit just for front? Everyone I have seen comes with rear end parts also

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
What I mean is do the make a kit just for front? Everyone I have seen comes with rear end parts also
You would probably have to call around and see if they would cut you a deal on just the front. If not, you could always sell the rear lift as soon as you got it.

House003

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The rear end parts are the cheapest thing in the kit.. Even if they did make just the front part of the kit, it would probably still be the same price. I'm personally putting a 4" rough country lift on my truck this summer. I have 2" block and lift keys cranked in the front and I hate it. Stiffest riding vehicle I've ever been in and I wear through every single ifs component like crazy. I would definitely go for a 4" lift or nothing at all.