new issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
lately when i start it up it idles high. its used to idle high sometomes and shift realy high in first to second. now when i start it up cold or not driving it for a little while it idles high still but not when i go to hit the gas it will stumble and hesitate. if i give it gas slowly it will go fine. once ive been driving for like 10 minutes its back to normal idle and no issues. im not sure where to start. thinking its the tps but also been reading of the iac and the cts could be bad too. any ideas? its a 95 350 tbi

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd do some basics first. Pull the IAC and clean it thoroughly, check fuel pressure, and use a multimeter to check the resistance and sweep of the TPS. That will allow you to make sure it's not just a dirty IAC or passage, that the fuel pump is doing its job, and that your TPS is indeed working right. I'd also use the multimeter on the CTS and see what its resistance is when the engine is cold, and then if its changes after the motor warms up. Usually a bad CTS will cause problems all the time, not just when cold, unless it's stuck at a high temperature reading (but they usually stick waaaay cold, hence the rich issues people have). Vacuum leaks could also be an issue, especially if the hose warms and expands slightly to seal the leak. A can of carb and choke cleaner and a good set of ears will find those quickly. The stuff is flammable though, so don't let it pool or you risk a nice little WHOOSH when the vapors get near the distributor cap.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
I've had a CTS short out before, which causes an open circuit and makes the computer default to always seeing a -40 degrees coolant temp.....speaking of whoosh, dontcha just love when your throttle body whooshes after a quick rev and catches on fire....then ya gotta kill the fuel flow and wait for it to go out....no?! Oh yeah, that's my double pumper, nevermind :nono:

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well the tps has good ground and power need to test the sweep. took out iac and cleaned it. my CEL bulb was not in cluster so i took the abs light and put it there. ill see if it throws the light tomorrow and runs bad again. after its warm its back to normal which has me think its the cts maybe or the iac

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both would run about 65 shipped from RA. I would narrow it down further, as you are doing, but I figure that it's good to know that they're not too expensive if you need to shoot the works.