New(ish) Guy From the Memphis, TN Area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
Well I joined the forum almost a year ago while searching for GMT400 stuff but I found the forum back in September of 2014 when I got my '96 Yukon SLE 2wd in non running condition and I was trying to figure out what I should look for and any common problems with the '96+ Vortec motors other than what I already knew. It ended up being the distributor cap crossfiring and causing kickback, been running great since then.

Even though I joined about a year ago, I didn't start posting 'til about a month ago but never did an introduction. So.... Hey everyone!! I'm located in Arlington, TN which is right outside Memphis. Before I got the Yukon I had a 2000 Jeep Cherokee (which I still own) but I've always been partial to the GMT400 (and also cat eye 03-06 chevy) GM trucks. So when one of my dad's coworkers asked if I wanted their '96 Yukon (because over the years he just got tired of putting money in it it get it fixed, plus it wasn't their daily driver) and if I could get it running I could have it and if I didn't take it he was going to just sell it for scrap... So I jumped on it and got it.

Here was my Yukon when I first got it, bone stock except the factory running boards removed by the PO. Oh, and a flowmaster 50 dual in and dual out, and some audio upgrades inside.

At the OPs house
You must be registered for see images attach

Pulling it home with me following in my Jeep

At the house.

And now fast forward about a year and a half and this is what it looks like now. 6 inches of lift and some 285/60r20's on 20x10 wheels. Plus a lot more.

I plan to get a build thread up and going but I have a TON (over 300) of pictures backlogged to put into the build thread so I might post it in sections and do a little at a time. Otherwise I'd be spending all day on it.

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
Well I joined the forum almost a year ago while searching for GMT400 stuff but I found the forum back in September of 2014 when I got my '96 Yukon SLE 2wd in non running condition and I was trying to figure out what I should look for and any common problems with the '96+ Vortec motors other than what I already knew. It ended up being the distributor cap crossfiring and causing kickback, been running great since then.

Even though I joined about a year ago, I didn't start posting 'til about a month ago but never did an introduction. So.... Hey everyone!! I'm located in Arlington, TN which is right outside Memphis. Before I got the Yukon I had a 2000 Jeep Cherokee (which I still own) but I've always been partial to the GMT400 (and also cat eye 03-06 chevy) GM trucks. So when one of my dad's coworkers asked if I wanted their '96 Yukon (because over the years he just got tired of putting money in it it get it fixed, plus it wasn't their daily driver) and if I could get it running I could have it and if I didn't take it he was going to just sell it for scrap... So I jumped on it and got it.

Here was my Yukon when I first got it, bone stock except the factory running boards removed by the PO. Oh, and a flowmaster 50 dual in and dual out, and some audio upgrades inside.
At the house.

And now fast forward about a year and a half and this is what it looks like now. 6 inches of lift and some 285/60r20's on 20x10 wheels. Plus a lot more.

I plan to get a build thread up and going but I have a TON (over 300) of pictures backlogged to put into the build thread so I might post it in sections and do a little at a time. Otherwise I'd be spending all day on it.
Damn! Are you sure this is the same truck? You can't even tell haha. Looks awesome man, looking forward to seeing the build thread. Welcome back to the forum!

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score