New guy with a 90 k1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andy

Reaction score
Hello all. Just picked up a new to me 1990 chevy k1500. It has the 350 tbi motor with about 208k miles. Milage is unknown since the odometer and trip do not work. Looking into the 92-94 cluster swap. Trans was in some rough shape. It didn't want to shift out if first until 28 mph and was super firm. Drained the pan and the fluid was dark. Installed a drain plug and new filter and filled it back up. Readjusted the tv cable and added 6 clicks. Trans now shifts slightly firm at 21 mph. Installed new NGK v-power spark plugs, AC Delco 8mm wires, accel distro cap and rotor. PO installed new starter, alternator, brake MC and a.c. compressor. As well as a dual 2.5" exhaust with what appears to be 2 12" glasspacks. When they did the brakes it seems that they forgot to bleed the brakes. The old breeder valves were completely rusted so I picked up some new ones and installed them. While I was under the truck I noticed that the u bolts that hold the axle on were completely rusted. I had some u bolts and a 2" block from my last truck. Ended up breaking 7 of the 8 studs. I couldn't lift the truck up enough to get the blocks in so I just replaced the u bolts. Have a few other things I want to fix and upgrade. Thanks for taking the time to read this and I look forward to learning more about this truck
You must be registered for see images attach

andy

Reaction score

andy

Reaction score
Anyone know what these wires are suppose to go to?

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Looks to be either the ac compressor or air injection pump. My 89 has been gone so long that I'm loosing my memory of it. :nono:

andy

Reaction score
Thanks. It was a little chilly the other morning, about -8 with a -37 wind chill. my drivers side window was down about an inch. Went to close the door and the drivers side window shattered right in my face. I'm fine. my underwear not so much. lol. So Im looking for a replacement. Also Downloaded Tunerpro RT and WinALDL for some logging and tuning. Got a cable from bdo cables. Fast shipping and a great looking product. From looking around it seems the 90 5.7L is a $42 mask ID. Ill have to wait until Sunday afternoon when I return home to check.