New guy from Texas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ross96rt

Reaction score
HI all! I am new to the site. I was excited to find a specific site for my model year truck!

I found this truck due to a family tragedy. My Z71 used to belong to close family friends. Their son owned it and he did almost all of the upgrades on it between 1998-1999. He drowned in a wakeboarding accident in 1999 and his parents maintained and drove the truck about 500 miles a year between 1999 and 2011 when they finally agreed to let go and sell me the truck. It has 66K miles on it and I was so lucky to get it not only because it is a great truck but because it means so much to us as a family!

I hope to pick up some knowledge from everyone and maybe share some as well!

You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• DSC_0077.jpg
    DSC_0077.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 15

ross96rt

Reaction score
Yeah, Greg was very anti chrome as you can see. I find new things every day that he did to make this truck pretty cool! I am slowly updating some of the accessories. Wife wants newer style wheels maybe going with some 17 or 18's with 315's.

I have all the paperwork on it, the lift shows to be a procomp 6" installed by 4wheel parts Dallas.

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
Nice ride. Welcome from Austin. Its cool u got to keep the truck within fam/friend ties. Those are always the best.

There's a post in the User area ( feedback,help,suggestions) about posting pics that u will want to read. We most all use photobucket or somethin like it.