New guy from MO

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ls4546

Reaction score
Hey, I just picked up a 97 RCLB Silverado 1500 4x4 with 5.0l in it. Got it for free, but it needs a lot of mechanical work, the body is in decent shape, no major rust, just some minor surface rust on the hood and lower doors, but that will be taken care of soon enough, the truck only has 100k on it. When I got it the #3 plug wire had melted through because it was sitting on the manifold and the right rear wheel cylinder had exploded. Got those fixed now next on the list is grill and headlights, inner door handle, driver outer mirror, exhaust and tires. I also need to redo the interior at some point, and once then engine goes it'll get a 6.0l.

You must be registered for see images

So far I've fixed, plug wires, plugs, cap and rotor, front and rear brakes, shocks all the way around, tires, mirror, inner door handle. I also have new headlights with HID's, new grill, and a couple other misc. parts.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
:welcome: Post some more pics especially wit the headlights and hid's

ls4546

Reaction score
:welcome: Post some more pics especially wit the headlights and hid's

Will do once they get installed and once I decide what to do with the grill, leave it chrome or paint it body color.

Welcome to GMT400.com and the greatness that is OBS!

Now to get serious,

FREE???????? How??

Yep, Free, lol. Basically it was my cousins truck, he left the keys in it and it got stolen. Long story short he didn't want pay the two weeks worth of tow lot fees so I payed the $400 to get it out and he signed the truck over to me. I got my money back because of a contract the police station had with the tow company for when vehicles are stolen and recovered they can't charge tow lot fees until the owner is notified, so therefore I got a free truck :D