new guy from Dallas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vallucoro

Reaction score
what’s up you guys. just a little backstory on how I came into possession of a 99 Tahoe from a guy off craigslist. ended up being a heap. tires too big, no door handles working, interior covered in a layer of dirt, had a fresh repaint tho (horribly done) clear coat is falling off anywhere, whole lot of missing interior plastics and the rad leaked from one of the tanks like no other. but I seen the potential in it. had all leather/power seats, 4x4 (push button) the little 350 crate. really cool steel (I assume) running boards. oil and trans cooler. and only 152k on the dash (hope it’s correct)

I was dumbfounded as to why he wanted so little for the truck, surely I couldn’t have walked away from this meeting with a truck like that for only 2 grand. but to my surprise I actually talked him down to 1900.

2 weeks later of some hard work and elbow grease all the issues were resolved, fresh plugs, cap and rotor, u name it the whole nine yards, and now I have a super reliable daily. I do apartment maintenance and I live on property, so the truck is perfect for running from building to building. get about 190 miles from a full tank (20gal) but I love it. have always been a Tahoe/suburban guy. have owned quite a few others including crew cabs and ext cabs. but never one this nice. nice to find a group with so much info and members w a plethora of knowledge. will post before and now pics. soon I want to do something equivalent to a McGaughys economical drop but what are some kits that will keep the ride as stock as possible? don’t want to go too low. maybe like 4in all the way around, since it’s 4x4 she sits pretty level as it is. lemme kno you yall’s input

the day I brought her home
You must be registered for see images

her now (reliable af)
You must be registered for see images