New guy from Alberta

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vervepipes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, my '86 3+3 is suffering from chunks of gears and needle bearings in the tranny pan so it's time to let it live on as a parts truck for somebody else. Just bought a '98 GMC 3500 crew cab 5.7L auto, very basic with power nothing and a vinyl front seat, it doesn't even have a back seat at the moment but luckily I'm going to the pick n pull on the weekend! Got the truck for $1000, only surface rust where paint has flaked away, and a few minor bends and dents. Already has a 10,000 Lb hitch and brake controller installed, new front brakes and bearings, new ball joints, spark plugs and wires. It runs very quietly and smoothely, brakes are weak, the booster seems to be leaking a bit.

With a bit of research the hedman headers that I picked up for my '86 (removed from a '95) will work if I weld some O2 sensor bungs into them, plus an EGR port, so I guess after the rear seat that will be the second thing on the list of to-do's

Cold Lake Alberta is where I'm at

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Welcome, and truck sounds cool, man! Pics please, we enjoy them here :)

Also, there are quite a few guys here from Alberta, let alone Canada itself, im sure you'll feel welcome.

vervepipes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No pics yet I'm afraid, I paid for it but it's 20 minutes out of town, I need a lift to get there, I'll probably get a co-worker to drive me out using my van after work so I can drive it back.

Other plans for the future are to convert it to a dually with 19.5" rims, this truck will be made to haul Fords... literally, I see all the time 97+ f150's that need engines or tranny's for 3-500 bucks, I plan on bringing them up here, doing the repairs and re-selling them at a profit. Done it already with a '95 Jimmy, got it for 300 bucks because the frost plugs rusted out so I pulled out the engine, replaced the plugs, put another $700 worth of parts into it and sold it for $2500. It's a bit of a hobby and makes a bit of extra cash, military pay in an oilfield town is not very competitive...

vervepipes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I lied, I have a pic from the add that hasn't been removed from the classifieds yet, so I saved it before it disappears!
You must be registered for see images attach

slim

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
welcome, definitely looks like its got potential!