New from Houston area with 95 2wd 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoplite

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey gents,

I've been watching the forum for a while but never made a post. I had been in the market for a long time and finally got me a truck after years of waiting. As a mechanical engineer, this truck fulfilled everything I wanted to combine toughness, simplicity and longevity.

1995 Chevrolet 2500 2WD 95,000 miles. TBI 350, 4l80e and 14 Bolt Semi Floating rearend.

I picked this up from a guy that had apparently only used it from time to time to move a camper on a 5th wheel. The interior is immaculate, the paint in great shape and it is obvious an older gentleman owned the truck. It had a 5th wheel and a boat compass on the dash.

The truck had apparently sat for a long time and some items were hurting due to it. I replaced all of the brake lines after one collapsed, replaced the fuel pump in a parking lot and completely replaced the AC system while converting it to a Sanden 7 piston compressor to get rid of the ty, unreliable stock compressor. I've also replaced the wheels with stockers from a 2007 Duramax along with a long list of tiny mods here and there. Here are some pictures from the minute I bought it, followed with some of the work I had been doing and it's new look. I hope to find more people that are reasonable unlike the gmt400 facebook crowd that does ridiculous things.

You must be registered for see images attach

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Looks good man! Welcome. Can't beat a good set of PY0s on these trucks.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
For the most part we make up the small Number of guys with our heads on straight it seems. Welcome to the 400 community! Cannot go wrong with py0 wheels.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Welcome man. I'm a sucker for tan 400s. Looks great!

Hoplite

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'll create a thread on some of the mods I have done like the Sanden Compressor swap. I'll actually need some advice from the peanut gallery on a few items on one of the last features I have yet to fix with the conversion. I'll try to post it up in the most appropriate location.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Member trucks section would be ideal :waytogo: