New favorite coffee spot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

F4U-1A

G-Damn Blackfly season coming.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
International Delight makes an Amaretto flavored liquid creamer that is very yummy ( hard to drink coffee in the morning when it's already in the high 90s by 8:30 though! It was good in cooler weather).
I am Frigging Freezing here, the coldest spring in 19yrs. It did not get above 68F today. Well my wife loves it, that is important. All Good.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A buddy of mine is an absolute caffeine addict. He has his own $2000 expresso machine and he makes what he calls "crackaccino". He made one for me once, and about fifteen minutes after I drank it I was vibrating. It was really good, but never again. He only uses light roast coffee because it has more caffeine and more flavor.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
A buddy of mine is an absolute caffeine addict. He has his own $2000 expresso machine and he makes what he calls "crackaccino". He made one for me once, and about fifteen minutes after I drank it I was vibrating. It was really good, but never again. He only uses light roast coffee because it has more caffeine and more flavor.
Over the last 20 years, I went through 3 espresso machines before the one I have now. Used daily.
Within that time, I learned how to make Lattes, Cappuccinos, Mochas, Cafe Machiatos, (my 'usual'.) Flat Whites (an Aussie concoction) & Ristrettos.
Whole beans, various roasts at any one time in the house, ground for each round in an electric conical burr grinder. Another stupid expensive appliance.
2x a day, 2 double shots at a time in one cup. 1/2 teaspoon of demarara sugar. (zOOm!)
A habit picked-up from a trip to Europe as a teen.
'This' is coffee? WoW! More, please!
Each machine gave out over time in one way or another. Burnt out elements. Dead pumps. Seals shot. Not worth fixing, even if I could find the parts.
So...next!
Each new one an upgrade over the last.
Each one more expensive than the last.
#1 was an entry level $200.00 machine. A month out of the 1-year warranty...dead.
Machine #4. $1200.00 & 7 or 8 years old. Family & friends said I was nutso.
Dad. "$1200.00??? For a coffee machine. What is wrong with you? I've bought cars for that much!"
But Dad. It's a semi-automatic commercial grade machine. Manual heat & pressure settings, with dual gauges! Plus, a heat exchange boiler! It's the Cadillac of this price range. People with food trucks use this same machine. Easy-to-get parts. Totally rebuildable.
"You're crazy. It's just coffee! ...and you don't own a food truck!"
No Dad. It's not just coffee.
He likes percolated. With beans that were probably pre-ground 2 months before he bought the bag. Gag.
So...I can't take that criticism too seriously. He doesn't 'get it'.
Mom. "How can you drink that? It's sooo strong! Have you thought about what you're doing to your heart? You're gonna stroke out! You're gonna rot the lining of your stomach. Your nerves are gonna be shot!"
Never happen Mom. Besides, you know what I'm like if you phone me in the A.M. before I've had a cup.
Without, & no-one wants to talk to me & I don't want to talk to them.
Unless it's an emergency, leave me!
Give me 1/2 an hour. Call back. I'll be more coherent. Less foggy. Able to hold, & remember,(!) the conversation. I won't be (quite as) grumpy. I won't say anything inappropriate.
No-one gets offended.
It's just better for all involved.

You must be registered for see images attach

*Trivia*
Starbucks is not in the business of selling coffee.
They are in the biz of selling milk.
They are the second largest purchaser of such only after every school district in North America, combined.
That's a lot of moo juice!

Attachments

• 1665519824588.png
    1665519824588.png
    7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He likes percolated. With beans that were probably pre-ground 2 months before he bought the bag. Gag.
We had a guy in our Air Force Reserve shop who made "cowboy coffee". He'd just dump new grounds on top of yesterday's grounds to brew the new day's coffee. We fired him from making coffee. What does he think this is, the Navy?

I did supply for the Navy for a while, and the Navy would ground a plane if the coffee maker was out.