New Canuck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keegan Kael

Reaction score
Hello All,

I just recently bought my second ever GMT400. I had a 1990 ECSB Z71 Silverado but sold it 6 years ago because I was going back to school and couldn't afford the fuel.

I currently own a 2006 F350 CCSB 6.0 liter diesel FX4, but I am selling that this spring to finance buying a 1954 Ford pickup that has been in my family for 30-odd years my uncle restored about 10 years ago. To that end, I need a winter beater/rainy day/sometimes a man just needs 4x4. So last week I went and bought a 1997 K1500 ECSB 5.7 Vortec, 4x4 Cheyenne (I believe). I can't tell you much more about it because I have it stored at a friends house until the spring when I can swap in a new 5.7 Vortec.

No pictures currently, but it's red with tan interior, and bone stock. Plans include a lift, I really only want 33s because that's why my old GMT400 had, but looking at the Cepek lift has really got me contemplating 35s and a regear. We will see what happens. Truck currently has posi, but if money grew on trees I would ARB it front and rear. Tires will be Goodyear Duratracs because they're awesome and I love them. I have already started making a shopping list at Super Bright LED to do all dash lights in blue, also looking into their LED reverse lights, because I remember light output on my old rig being abysmal at night with tinted windows.

I have a backrack ordered, and I am shopping around for a black diamond plate tool box. If anybody has any good brands to recommend I am all ears.

Looking forward to meeting you guys and learning lots about these trucks.

Last edited:

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Welcome. Not to be a nit-picker, but be careful on the vortec-vortex stuff. Some folks get bent out of shape over spelling it wrong lol.