New 99 Suburban owner. Hello all...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RPO677

Reaction score
I'm new to this site and mostly active with 72 GM 4wds. I have a 72 K20 Super and a 72 Highlander Blazer that I've restored and am a moderator on another truck forum.

Recently I purchased at auction a 1999 K2500 red GMC barn door Suburban with the L65 turbo diesel from a fire department. The truck has just over 42k original miles and was used as their command unit.
You must be registered for see images attach

For preventive maintenance, I've got replacement oil cooler lines and a new harmonic balancer being installed. The PMD was already relocated. I know next to nothing about diesel engines. This site seems to be a good resource for this model and I'm here for help in keeping the Suburban on the road for years to come. I'll keep the truck much as it is but may look to add a grill guard and some form of roof rack down the road if I can source some good used pieces.

Thanks, Pete

mtl111

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It looks like it was taken good care of, clean, low miles. Good looking rig, I'd love to have it! Lol!! I'm like you though, I know nothing about diesel's. There are some on here who have alot of experience with that engine and I'm sure will chime in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

RPO677

Reaction score

Thanks for the good words guys. Here's a few more photos. Really pleased to have the single, glass headlamps rather than the integrated plastic examples I had on a former 99 K1500 suburban.

I was able to source the missing second row head rests and a few pieces of trim to replace some cracked examples.

The radio works but I suspect the antenna is disconnected or it's cable cut. I'll fix that once the mechanicals are are all cleared. Wonder if an upgraded GM FM radio w a CD player would be more or less plug and play with the existing harness?

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome aboard!
Always good to see another Suburban arrive. You and me have both been lucky in getting tidy low mileage 1999 'Burbs. Mines a C2500 Chevrolet barn door one with the 5.7 Vortec.
Plenty knowledge on this forum shared freely - don't be shy asking questions. (I still ask more than I answer but seem to be getting away with it!).