Never seen before Headlight conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bricksack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok i have hids in my obs. Doing so i lost my High beams. No worries never use em. I have smoked head lights as such
You must be registered for see images attach

Now i always have that extra block never used. Dont care to fix the highs will never use them hids are bright enough. Bit with smoked headlights it dims a little. Ive had a thought of wiring both sides of the headlight to work as a low beam light. There for i would have one solid block of light on each side. .. Whats yalls thoughts on that.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Bricksack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That would be cool too. The previous owner wired the headlights as a fulltime head light. Keys on their on. Dont know where to switch it. Bit dont care to so just gonna make both a headlight.

The Daver

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
soo it's just the 4-hi mod but all low beams...should look pretty cool

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
You would be blinding people if you put a good bulb in there.

I was going to ask you if you were sure that it's not just the DRLs keeping your lights on, but if your highs don't work their is some hacked up stuff going on there. I would fix it. I have 55w HID highs and 4-high and its great at night.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
First, find out what exactly is wrong that the highs don't work. Second, get some lights that have black housings not lenses...

Bricksack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My headlights are not sprayed with that cheap ass or vynled. Its not the drls cause theres no change when o turn pn the headlights or off. There is a spot for a sensor for drls but its has it was either shoved in the dash or deleted making the headlights always on. Doesnt bother me as i can hit the e brake one notch and they turn off. I wont be blinding people as their smoked .. Not as bright. Nor do o care if i do. I hate the idiots that drive with their brights on amd have normal headlights.

Bricksack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like my headlight assembly the way it is. Not the the black housings. My head lights look good for how they are.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would personally strongly advise against this. You see the high beam side of the headlight housing have a different reflector (Or lens on a OEM headlight) which is how the housing defines it's beam pattern. So even a lower wattage bulb (Say 50W halogen) installed, the beam that the high beam side of the housing throws off will still cause glare and will be offensive to oncoming drivers. Also I don't know what state you are from, but it is illegal in a lot of states to have 4 headlights on while on low beam. All states allow for vehicles to have the vehicles low beams on and the fog lights (if equipped) on while on low beam, but most do not allow for vehicles to have 4 headlights on while on low beams.

I would also recommend that you find what is wrong with the high beams currently that is causing them not to work. A good place to start would be to check at the 9005 (High Beam) headlight connector with a DMM or test light and see if your getting any voltage. If you are getting voltage at the headlight connectors, check the filament within the bulbs and see if they are burned out. If you are NOT getting any voltage, it could very well be your headlight switch or dimmer/multi-function switch. I would strongly recommend finding out what is causing them not to work before altering anything else.