Neutral saftey switch bypass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97chevyguy

Reaction score
I need to know how to bypass the neutral saftey switch on a 98 Chevy 4l60e I need to start the motor but there's no transmission in the truck so I don't have anything to plug into
You must be registered for see images attach
I have this diagram but the wires are different colors on my connector than the diagram d is just a solid black g is the ppl/wht instead of Yellow e is a solid purple a is yellow which ones do I need to cross to start it

54vicky

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you have a test light test for power on (c)with key on then with key off.if power with on then jump (c)to (e) e should be starter solenoid and (c) should be the power.good luck.I am sure someone will correct me if wrong.just touch the two do not join the key on should allow the ignition to supply the rest of the circuit

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Are you asking because you've tried and it wouldn't start? I ask because years ago I had a '97 parts truck with no transmission but I could start the engine no problem; it *could* be that they left the range switch attached to the harness but I honestly don't think it was there, since the natural thing to do is remove it still attached to the transmission. Too many years have passed..

Richard

Redneckgeriatric

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
rig a remote start button. its really simple. hot wire on solenoid and energize wire on solenoid. just like when you bump the starter with a screwdriver.