Need your opinions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Think I could make money off this? I would probably buy the whole thing, and part it out. I would also check with the body shop repairing my truck if they would want to use some of the front end parts. What do you think, is there a market for lots of these parts, or mainly just a few?

http://modesto.craigslist.org/cto/3442285344.html

What has me really tempted is the fact that I sold my old wheels for $400, so that's almost all of it right there. What do you guys think? Buy it and part it out, or move on?

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I know if you brought that vehicle in to us right now as junk, we'd give you $350. So at the price it's listed, I don't think you would have any problems making money on it.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you have the time and space for it, definitely.

Now on your yukon repair, why not get all new GM. Are you having it done at a dealer?

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
The line "HABLO ESPANOL" always scares me for one simple reason..... Most of the time it means that the vehicle doesn't come with a title. Never, under any circumstance, buy a car newer than 1986 without one. Even if its free.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Buy it & part it out. Doesn't need a title for if you're not gonna register it.
I just paid $800.0 for a box for my '98. Mind you, it's damn near perfect.
If you were closer, I'd give you $200.00 for the complete front doors, right now, and another $75.00 for the power door harness.
Around here there is a huge demand for GMT400 parts. Within a week of getting to the wreckers, complete trucks are nothing but a shell left
Just make sure that you have the room for it. In your area it may be different & it could be hangin' around for a while, while it gets picked over.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
Parting out a stolen vehicle doesn't make it less stolen.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
well IF IN DOUBT ABOUT STOLEN simply snap a picture of the vin and call the cops to have the vin checked first! if its stolen then tell them where its at.. good karma... if its not stolen then your good to buy it if you want ;)
and its all about condition when selling parts.

firefighter_2319

more time than money
Reaction score
i would buy and fix it, its cheap enough you can make money on it. at least 2k if not a bit more. everyone is always looking for a work or a huinting vehicle. i have a door and some inside door handles lol

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
If it has a title then I'd buy it for that and not feel bad. A 4L60 is cheap to rebuild. I just wouldn't touch it without proof of ownership(not just a past registration receipt with someone else's name on it). I made that mistake once and never could get the car registered.

Status
Not open for further replies.