need some help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigd

Reaction score
What all has to be hooked up when you swap from tbi to carb. ive swaped and my fuel pump is only pumping a few min and stops. I went with crane 3/4 race cam #100172. i got long tubes im just waiting on collectors to finish that up. and now im just trying to figure out all the little stuff. As of now i have the AC hooked up and the alternator hooked up. which wire do i need to use for the hei? Do i need to hook up the return line?

89-Z71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Without a return line, you will burn your pump up fast. Use a return style regulator, you are already plumbed for it. The pink wire from the TBI ignition is all you need to power the HEI. If you aren't using the ECM, You'll need to modify the fuel pump wiring circuit with a momentary switch. It should be wired through the oil pressure switch. Once you prime the carb, oil pressure will provide ground to the FP relay to keep it running. I wouldn't bypass it for safety reasons. If you are in an accident, fuel might be pumping all over.

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
Without a return line, you will burn your pump up fast. Use a return style regulator, you are already plumbed for it. The pink wire from the TBI ignition is all you need to power the HEI. If you aren't using the ECM, You'll need to modify the fuel pump wiring circuit with a momentary switch. It should be wired through the oil pressure switch. Once you prime the carb, oil pressure will provide ground to the FP relay to keep it running. I wouldn't bypass it for safety reasons. If you are in an accident, fuel might be pumping all over.

Dude. Your Avatar... Scary.

-Truckin-

Bigd

Reaction score
89-71 that movies was bad ass! And thank you for the info. And L.E.D do you have a thread on all the led lighting for our trucks? Also yall may be able to help with this...... I plan on running aftermarket gauges, I wanna do diamond plate aluminum cut to fit the factory location and keep the moon gauge pattern like the speedo in the middle ect ect... is this possible if not ill keep my moons but try to find the 454ss cluster.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
89-71 that movies was bad ass! And thank you for the info. And L.E.D do you have a thread on all the led lighting for our trucks? Also yall may be able to help with this...... I plan on running aftermarket gauges, I wanna do diamond plate aluminum cut to fit the factory location and keep the moon gauge pattern like the speedo in the middle ect ect... is this possible if not ill keep my moons but try to find the 454ss cluster.

http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?6212-Show-me-your-LED-s!

Bigd

Reaction score
Ok guys everything has been hooked up. I gotta get a return style regulator. I taped into the fuel pump power wire and hooked up a toggle switch that's my anti theft device lol! Also If I just switch on the truck to listen to the radio I won't flood it it will just purge the fuel system. Images of my new torker 2 intake I went with the performer. I figured it would match my cam better. Im going to run a 650 vacuum secondary holly but I gotta rebuild it first.

Attachments

• 2012-10-14_16-54-07_348.jpg
    2012-10-14_16-54-07_348.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 6