need some help engine fault codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danman6677

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hey guys and girls been along time since i posted, I scanned my truck and got 3 codes

CODE 13
CODE 33
CODE 38

Any help would be appreciated.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
If its pre 95,
Code 13 is an O2 sensor code
Code 33 is MAP sensor voltage too high
Code 38 is an EGR error

Hope this helps you out some.

danman6677

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well it does help but what do i look for or just replace them, you say an egr error? I looked online and it said its a brake switch circuit fault or a knock sensor.Sorry its on a 1994 Silverado 350 tbi.

frito-bandito

Reaction score
well it does help but what do i look for or just replace them, you say an egr error? I looked online and it said its a brake switch circuit fault or a knock sensor.Sorry its on a 1994 Silverado 350 tbi.

Ok, I just typed in the code #s and chevy truck so they're probally off some....I'm not sure what to look for, there might be a way to test them before you replace them, sorry I can't help out more

danman6677

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
First thing Ill try is to disconnect the MAP and check wiring and the hose to it for cracks, then spray some TB cleaner around and check for leaks.
The brake circuit fault, my truck used to pull a 5th wheel and still has the plugin I taped up the wires since they were frayed from rubbing, brakelights come on fine.

frito-bandito

Reaction score
Good luck with it all, I didn't wanna steer you in the wrong direction and I figured there was someone on here that has more experience than me on these issues