Need Parking Brake Pedal Assembly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rehoward

Reaction score
I need a new parking brake pedal assembly for my 1993 Chev K1500 truck.
I can't seem to find one anywhere and I don't know why. There is nothing
special about it and all other years seem to be covered by new replacements.
Help!

sierradude

Reaction score
Did your ratchet go too? My parking brake works, just doesn't ratchet down. My mechanic said they often fail. He also said that the part specificity is a nightmare, as you need a matching wheelbase and lift, apparently.
I have a '94 K1500 extended cab, wondering if anyone knows what years and models are compatible?
The part for this is named 'Parking brake control module assembly' I believe.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did your ratchet go too? My parking brake works, just doesn't ratchet down. My mechanic said they often fail. He also said that the part specificity is a nightmare, as you need a matching wheelbase and lift, apparently.
I have a '94 K1500 extended cab, wondering if anyone knows what years and models are compatible?
Go to www.gmpartsgiant.com.
Enter your VIN. Click "Find My Parts".
Under the "Brakes" section, click on "Parking Brake System". Even if the part is discontinued, the website will still tell you the part number, and you can use that part number to search online for a salvage yard that has it, or possibly eBay.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
I have one from a '90 K1500 that is being disassembled due to a rusted frame.
Go to www.gmpartsgiant.com.
Enter your VIN. Click "Find My Parts".
Under the "Brakes" section, click on "Parking Brake System". Even if the part is discontinued, the website will still tell you the part number, and you can use that part number to search online for a salvage yard that has it, or possibly eBay.
the part number is 15603808 for 1988-1993.

Last edited:

evilunclegrimace

Reaction score
Your "Mechanic" is mistaken. The part has nothing to do with wheel base.

evilunclegrimace

Reaction score
1988-1993. Part number 15603808 1st design.
1994 1998 part number 15155147 2nd design

Last edited: