need help with a 4l60e

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I've got a 96 z71 with a busted 4l60e and I've found a 4l60e for 400$ out of a 97 Sonoma 4x4. I know literally nothing about these and need to know if it'll work, will the computer and everything else work as it should? I really hope so because the only other one I can find is 650+ 200 core charge and I don't have a core as mine is cracked

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It should work electrically, as I think the 96 trucks used a PWM lockup, and the 97 Sonoma will. Internally, I'm not sure if the V6 S10 type trans got the same mechanicals as the V8 full-size, and I'm also not sure about the Tcase bolt pattern and output shaft differences. Inspect the plugs, shafts, length of the shaft, etc before laying money down.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
OK thank you, I've got the option to buy a 4l60e from a 94 2wd for 200$ that has the exact stamping on the case as mine, the big K on both sides of bell house and m30, would this one work or would I have to swap my guts into it

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the one from the s10 will work all the same internals as the v8 and the bolt pattern on t case is the same.93/94 only work for those two years and 95 is only 95

SwatDawg15

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully the s10 tranny is good, because after the $400, you still need fluid, gaskets, filter, ect. Don't forget the gasket between the tranny and transfer case. Also get a reman torque converter.