need help pinpointing possible source of coolant leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redneckgeriatric

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
just FYI, you can buy a dye for about $8-10 that you pour into radiator and it will expose leaks and let you trace to source. it glows a bright yellow/green and you WILL see it. oreillys and napa usually keep it.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
just FYI, you can buy a dye for about $8-10 that you pour into radiator and it will expose leaks and let you trace to source. it glows a bright yellow/green and you WILL see it. oreillys and napa usually keep it.

Most of them are UV sensitive too, so if the leak is so small it's hard to see you can hit the underside of the truck with a black light and still find it.

Redneckgeriatric

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Most of them are UV sensitive too, so if the leak is so small it's hard to see you can hit the underside of the truck with a black light and still find it.

yes, but so brite its hard to miss. i bought the light, never needed it. BUT if you do need it, harbor freiht has them for a few bucks.