NEED HELP manual swap, reverse ligths, tail lights not working, and speed sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1992chevy

Reaction score
i have a 1992 k2500 4x4, that used to have a 4l80e, i swapped in a nv4500 from a 89, i was wondering if someone already worked through these problems:

-No tail lights
-reverse lights not working not sure which wires have to be connected to the new plug
-speed sensor not working

any help would be great

highperf4x4

Original Male
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

This is the nv3500 I pulled out of my truck for a thH400 swap. My reverse lights were plugged into that connector just below the shifter. Purple wire.

My speed sensor was connected to my transfer case which I did not change so it's still connected to the transfer case.

I have no idea why your tail lights wouldn't be working unless you blew the fuse.

1992chevy

Reaction score
mine was a auto before, i have the manual connector for reverse light sensor, the speed sensor has two wires coming from it one of which goes to the harness for the auto, the plugs are different on the 2 trans

highperf4x4

Original Male
Reaction score
Well I can't help you much then. I can say that I only had a single purple wire connected to my transmission for the reverse lights. My speed sensor was only connected to the transfer case. Wish I had more info for ya.