NBS tow mirror shake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97SilveradoHD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
anybody with the new style tow mirrors have problems with the large piece of glass shaking? i've tried putting wheel weights in the bottom corner, and foam padding behind the glass against a contact surface. this calmed the shake a little, but not anywhere near where i'd like it... short of filling the cavity behind the glass with expanding foam, i'm not sure how to fix this. i know there's a bunch of trucks on here with these mirrors, just wondering if anyone has any success stories

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
They all shake, its due to the size of the mirror and the small mounting surface allowing it to shake, not much your gonna do to fix it

97SilveradoHD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the driver side is pretty shake free. but the passenger side really shakes bad, idling, driving, highway...don't matter. went and tightened up the nuts holding the mirror assembly to the door, still shaking. is there any way to get the glass out without breaking it? thinking about contacting 1aauto and telling them about my problem. i know the trucks that have these mirrors from the factory don't have this problem... maybe a LITTLE shake, but you can still make out what model of vehicle is coming up along side you. with mine i can see there's an object there but thats it. i know the easy solution is to just live with it, but i put these mirrors on to Improve visibility...
btw, i'm not rocking two 12" subs either lol

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Yours must have a major problem. Did you install the little support brackets that came with the mirror? All of these large mirrors will shake a bit, take a look at a NBS truck, you will notice on all new trucks their mirror bases are huge to eliminate that on the tow mirrors bouts were not made for them.

Sent from my Vortec Powered iPhone using Tapatalk

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
it must just be loose, I would contact 1A Auto and see if you can exchange the mirror.

silver6

Reaction score
Mine from 1aauto shake as well. My factory mirrors did too though. I thought it was just a sh***y mirror problem

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
the driver side is pretty shake free. but the passenger side really shakes bad, idling, driving, highway...don't matter. went and tightened up the nuts holding the mirror assembly to the door, still shaking. is there any way to get the glass out without breaking it? thinking about contacting 1aauto and telling them about my problem. i know the trucks that have these mirrors from the factory don't have this problem... maybe a LITTLE shake, but you can still make out what model of vehicle is coming up along side you. with mine i can see there's an object there but thats it. i know the easy solution is to just live with it, but i put these mirrors on to Improve visibility...
btw, i'm not rocking two 12" subs either lol

The set i had on the 96 would both shake like that when parked but when driving it would smooth out

97SilveradoHD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i did install the support brackets, correctly. and i know the mounting studs/nuts are tight. it has to be something loose inside the mirror housing or something... i installed a set on my buddy's 98, he bought them from 1aauto as well. hasn't complained of any mirror shake yet. maybe i just got a bad one, and they'll send me a new mirror