NBS Jumpseat in RCSB OBS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finally had a chance to try and mock this thing up. The brackets are not even close which is probably why I have not found much info on this particular swap.

I have pontiac bonneville buckets BTW. They are not bolted in in the pics. They should fit a bit closer together once installed. Original bench seat truck.

Please excuse the mess. Shes a daily and it was a week night.

ANy recommendations? I'll likely just bend the tabs to fit and drill some new holes. I'm sure I can make that work with some fiddling.

Undecided on the seatbelt situation. Leaning towards deleting the NBS belts and just using my existing belts from the bench.

You must be registered for see images attach

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
...ok. If there's one thing I can say irritates me when I drive my truck, it's the bench seat. With a front passenger, the seat back lays back like it's going to break or something. And every move the passenger makes seems amplified. I like the spartan look of my crew cab, but your seats (AND the jump seat) look inviting! I want two sets! Lol!
What year Bonneville do I need to search for?

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
...ok. If there's one thing I can say irritates me when I drive my truck, it's the bench seat. With a front passenger, the seat back lays back like it's going to break or something. And every move the passenger makes seems amplified. I like the spartan look of my crew cab, but your seats (AND the jump seat) look inviting! I want two sets! Lol!
Thanks!

I liked the bench at first, but spending any significant time in it got rough and the fabric and foam were toast.

These came out of a 99 IIRC and pretty sure all bonnevilles from the 90s til they stopped making them should work. They came with leather also.

I picked them up thru facebook marketplace from a guy that had them in his gmt400 already that swapped to a different set of seats. Your bases will swap over to them but going from a bench to buckets you will need a second set of bases and likely have to drill a few more holes. The bosses should already be stamped in your floor pan though. There is a huge seat thread on here somewhere that goes over all of this.

I really like that they look like they could have come out of an SS from this era or something. Pretty comfy. Tons of bolstering. I sit a little lower in them then on the flat bench of course so definitely a more sporty feel.

Every other set of these that I have seen in a gmt400 were paired with a standard center console so I wasnt sure how the gmt800 folding jumpseat would work. I guess we'll find out.

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This thread is super long but there is a lot of info on the Bonnie seats and the bases and other alternative seats in it.