NBS(Gmt800) Instrument Cluster to OBS Swap - DONE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

loud160

Reaction score
Nope it's not just a click bait title and I seldom post here(never posted under this account) but this is for real. I have an 06 Silverado cluster fully functioning in my 98 Tahoe that's still rocking the stock 5.7 CPI engine. Nothings mounted yet since this has been in and out of my truck far too many times to count but I'll be mounting it once I get some ABS sheet plastic to fill in around the corners where the trim bezel doesn't quite cover the NBS cluster.

I've spent a GREAT deal of time working on this over the last year and it all paid off last night.... I'm pretty sure I was the happiest guy on the road. Every light, gauge and even the clusters message center are all working now. Just wanted to share this since this subject has come up on a number of different forums over the years and the answer was always NO unless you wanted to basically swap every thing. Well that may have been true in the past but sooner or later someone wants something bad enough they find a way to make it happen.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

PeteyG708

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That song tho... haha.

I am impressed! You even got the computers working for Fuel Econ and such. How much of a pain was that?
I wonder if the 06 gages were more reliable than other GMT800s of that era. It could be the sender, but the one in my in-law’s 01 pegs at 80.

On the bright side, no more fluttering fuel gage (and it is probably more accurate)!