NBS front brake swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have been searching around and found a lot of information that is close to what I need but nothing that is exactly what I need. I am hoping you guys can point me in the correct direction.

I have a 1994 C2500 2WD. I am working on a rear axle swap to get 4.10s, disc brakes and the factory "locker" but the reason for my post is the front brakes. I use the truck mainly for towing and I am burning through front brakes. I saw several posts using 2500 stuff on a 1500 but that only gives you the 6 lug hub. My truck is an 8 lug and I need to keep it that way.

Is there something out there that is a direct or semi direct swap that I can get the NBS two piston calipers and 8 lug hubs, or am I just jerking off?

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have you seen this video?:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I'm not sure if this also works on 2wd, as the control arms are different than the 4x4s?

If you decide to try it, look to see if the control arms of a GMT800 2500 Non-HD 2wd may fit your truck. Those are front coil suspension. The HDs and 2500 SUV (even 2wd) use torsion bar front suspension, so I doubt those will work.

Last edited:

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 1994 C2500 2WD.
What brakes do you have now? JB6? JB/JD7?

the reason for my post is the front brakes. I use the truck mainly for towing and I am burning through front brakes.
How old are the calipers? Do they "float" freely on the mounting pins? Do the pistons retract properly?

Did the rear brakes work? It's really common to "burn through" front pads when the rear brakes don't engage. I've had that happen on several vehicles. Rear brake hose plugged, rear brakes out of adjustment, air in the RWAL, etc. No matter the reason, if the rear brakes aren't working right, the front brakes get overloaded and the rear brakes last forever.