Nav radio 96-00?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
I’m seeing if anyone has put in a nav/touch screen head unit without cutting the dash face trimming? Even if it’s a cheap unit I forgot to write down measurements of opening so I could search. I know “trimming” is the most common way but I’m not interested in doin that. But if someone has send me a link and does that head unit have a really good EQ built in as so I can fully tweak the sound better. Thanks

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
I’m seeing if anyone has put in a nav/touch screen head unit without cutting the dash face trimming? Even if it’s a cheap unit I forgot to write down measurements of opening so I could search. I know “trimming” is the most common way but I’m not interested in doin that. But if someone has send me a link and does that head unit have a really good EQ built in as so I can fully tweak the sound better. Thanks
You can pick up a METRA double din kit, it includes mounting brackets and a new bezel that'll need to be painted. I used a Pioneer AVIC W8500-NEX in mine. Expensive but works amazing.
You must be registered for see images attach

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
man that looks great! I want one. I already have the Metra install kit. I got scammed on a chinesium B U L L S H I T! radio.... which I got refunded.... but man the stereo i was going to replace is a pioneer from the 90's and works great and sounds awesome. I changed my mind but it still would be nice to be able to mirror link my phone and enjoy everything that comes with that.

I cant bring myself to spend the money on that pioneer just yet. but that is slick!

Al

Last edited:

Nash

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can pick up a METRA double din kit, it includes mounting brackets and a new bezel that'll need to be painted. I used a Pioneer AVIC W8500-NEX in mine. Expensive but works amazing.
You must be registered for see images attach
That really looks great. I like all the same dash color. Do you have the paint name and code you used?

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I went the trim ring route, If I were to do it again, I'd go full bezel.

This Pioneer was $320 @ Best Buy.

Attachments

• 20200717_145949.jpg
    20200717_145949.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 20200717_113749.jpg
    20200717_113749.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 16

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
man that looks great! I want one. I already have the Metra install kit. I got scammed on a chinesium B U L L S H I T! radio.... which I got refunded.... but man the stereo i was going to replace is a pioneer from the 90's and works great and sounds awesome. I changed my mind but it still would be nice to be able to mirror link my phone and enjoy everything that comes with that.

I cant bring myself to spend the money on that pioneer just yet. but that is slick!

Al
I chose the Pioneer DMH-2660NEX for Frank but I have to build the double din dash for it first!

DonYukon

Dont stop until it sounds expensive
Reaction score
Very interesting. How long has that Metra Kit been around????

Years ago I bought the Detail SS install kit but I know for a fact that there was no other kits around at the time. I do like that one because your able to have the lower pocket.

Anyone swap from a Detail SS kit like this https://thedetailss.com/95-99-ck-double-din to the metra kit? I know I had to do some considerable cutting and I'm wondering if the kits are interchangeable to an extent.

Awest623

Reaction score
That really looks great. I like all the same dash color. Do you have the paint name and code you used?
I used the SEM color coat satin black. It works very well and dries to the touch very quick, just be careful not to scratch it for at least a day after painting. Actually in the process of redoing my entire interior black, you can check my build thread for the progress (link in my signature)

Awest623

Reaction score

Al
The only issue I have with the Metra is the cutout doesn't quite sit square with the radio. Don't notice unless you really pay attention but bothers me sometimes

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake rogers