Mystery wiring connector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matthew Ty

Reaction score
I’m also having really hard shift into first at lower rpms + rpms seems to bounce up and down very slightly at idle and cold starts. Im gonna go through all the sensors and replace them and and see if it helps anything. But yeah I get off in 4 hours and will be back with updates at that time

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like the plug on a speed governed TBI that plugs into the actuator motor on it. GM probably added the plug to all the harneses to make it easy to add the speed governer when the option was selected. Alot of school buses based off the G-van had them.

Matthew Ty

Reaction score
Found something else... should there be a hose connected to this port

You must be registered for see images attach

Matthew Ty

Reaction score
Looks like the plug on a speed governed TBI that plugs into the actuator motor on it. GM probably added the plug to all the harneses to make it easy to add the speed governer when the option was selected. Alot of school buses based off the G-van had them.
I think you are right... I can’t find any obvious unhooked connections so I guess I’ll be moving on to the next project

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
That Connector plugs into the VSS harness for the trans. Here it is on my truck.

Matthew Ty

Reaction score
That Connector plugs into the VSS harness for the trans. Here it is on my truck.
Where is this located? I can’t find anything anywhere near where this thing is on my truck