My Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vigh_J

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That intake gotsta be loud being that short ...sweet whip none the less.

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
I like what you did with the GPS mount. What did you use for the mounting plate?

I cut a piece of 16th steel to the shape and used allen head bolts to hold it up there. Unfortunately there isnt anyway to mount the bottom of the plate. I need to use some adhesive of some sort to pull the bottom tighter.

This morning the plate that is two sided taped to the steel plate for the suction cup mount was peeling off from the heat. I had left the GPS on since friday. I rarely keep it in the truck unless I know Im gonna need it.

You would think that being up there and behind 2 layers of metal on the roof that it would block the signal but it gets full signal in that spot. I wanted it up high so its out of view.
That intake gotsta be loud being that short ...sweet whip none the less.

Thanx.

Actually I cant even hear it over my exhaust. lol

I parted that together from a SRT8 Charger kit. Well I just cut one silicone elbow in half and used the cone filter from the kit. No aluminum tubing to cause heat soak.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
You said you were thinking about getting a billet grille. What type? Bars, or mesh? I'm looking at getting this one for my truck (they don't have a pic for the proper year, but whatever). It's powdercoated black and I've heard the fit and finish on them is top notch. You can probably find it cheaper than this other places too. http://www.carid.com/1995-gmc-yukon-grill/grillcraft-grille-46336.html

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
You said you were thinking about getting a billet grille. What type? Bars, or mesh? I'm looking at getting this one for my truck (they don't have a pic for the proper year, but whatever). It's powdercoated black and I've heard the fit and finish on them is top notch. You can probably find it cheaper than this other places too. http://www.carid.com/1995-gmc-yukon-grill/grillcraft-grille-46336.html

That one looks cool black but I was kinda thinking about going horizontal bars.

If I cant find one for cheap then I will just get one and make it black myself.

Vigh_J

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Oooo-ahhh... thats pretty slick, i like the street scene SS grille like on DroppedAsAChild' truck also.