My next project.. 2000 Z71 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DHGFX4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys, just want it to be my reliable daily driver. Heres some more recent photos. I added the clear lights and 285/70 Duratracs.
You must be registered for see images

DHGFX4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some updates; had to redo the bottoms of the doors. Paint started to bubble up again so I took it down to bare metal and reshot it.
Before:

After:

Esky console.. some assembly required. And got the 120 cluster.

I used a self tapping screw and a tab from a soft drink can as a swivel type clip to hold the center pad down. I also installed a power inverter in the rear where the audio controls were. I also put blue lights in the HVAC unit to match the cluster

Then i got a good clean rust free bumper.. except it was green.. but i got the bumper, factory Z71 brush gaurd and another set of fog light housings for $150.

My original one. Nice and crusty..

The newly painted one. 3 coats of base 3 coats clear, wet sanded, buffed, waxed, and coated with 3Ms Paint defender spray.

While i had it all apart i installed DDMtuning 6k Fogs, 6led 194s in the corners, and replaced a ballast on my lows so I could go back to HID lows.

And.. all done

DHGFX4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I live in Central VA; Mechanicsville to be exact. And yes the 285s only rub when i hit a bump really hard while turning. Other then that they dont rub during "normal" use lol