My new project truck: '99 K2500 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
If you want discs, put them on the existing axle if it's a full floater. Shove a cam in the existing engine. And what's the 110 cluster from? 100 is stock, 120 cam in Denalis/Escalades, and the cop cluster is 130.

110 cluster seems to have been a rather uncommon package piece. I just think it looks neat cause it's different.

Any clue if I can take the disc components off of an 800 ff and transfer them to mine? Swap everything outboard over? I tend to like stock components where possible.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
110 cluster seems to have been a rather uncommon package piece. I just think it looks neat cause it's different.

Any clue if I can take the disc components off of an 800 ff and transfer them to mine? Swap everything outboard over? I tend to like stock components where possible.

I'm unsure on the interchangeability of discs off the newer diff, but there are numerous ways and kits available to swap the 10.5" 400 diff over to discs. The newer diff housing is an AAM piece so a different manufacturer than that of the 10.5" full floater found on the 400 trucks.

Dravec

Reaction score
Ah. That sounds like interchangeability probably isn't likely. That sucks.

And the 110 cluster doesn't seem to have the blue backlighting of the 120 cluster. That's another reason I want it.

ZRoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is the brake kit I would like to go with eventually on my K2500: sometimes referred to as the "newer" 14 bolt FF disc conversion

https://lugnut4x4.com/product/14-bolt-rear-disc-brake-conversion-kit-slide-on-rotors/
Thanks for the link, I am curious if they give you an eldorado caliper for the e brake or a second caliper that is cable activated.

In my research the GMT800 10.5 full float is on 8.1 Avalanches and Suburbans as well as the more rare 6.0 HD trucks (a lot had SF axles and then the 8.1 and Duramax got the 11.5)

The brake parts won't swap because the mounting flange on the axle tube has a different bolt pattern one is 4 bolts in a square that other in a trapezoid.

Best bet will probably be to grab an entire axle from a junkyard and have the leaf springs perches moved as they are roughly 0.5"-0.75" different. I actually found an axle off of an Avalanche in a local JY to measure but the gear ratio was wrong and it was pretty rusty to be worth all of the effort.

I think the newer 800 series axles actually have a larger diameter tube and wider track width as well as a drain plug on the pumpkin.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

Dravec

Reaction score
Thanks for the link, I am curious if they give you an eldorado caliper for the e brake or a second caliper that is cable activated.

In my research the GMT800 10.5 full float is on 8.1 Avalanches and Suburbans as well as the more rare 6.0 HD trucks (a lot had SF axles and then the 8.1 and Duramax got the 11.5)

The brake parts won't swap because the mounting flange on the axle tube has a different bolt pattern one is 4 bolts in a square that other in a trapezoid.

Best bet will probably be to grab an entire axle from a junkyard and have the leaf springs perches moved as they are roughly 0.5"-0.75" different. I actually found an axle off of an Avalanche in a local JY to measure but the gear ratio was wrong and it was pretty rusty to be worth all of the effort.

I think the newer 800 series axles actually have a larger diameter tube and wider track width as well as a drain plug on the pumpkin.

Cool. Thanks for the quality info.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score

6.0 trucks got an AAM 10.5" full floater, not the 11.5".