My new experience wish ELM327/Dashcommand

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ok gents, last couple weeks since I got back from deployment have seen me flip from my 95 C1500 (which I used to post about on my old profile) to my 99 Tahoe.
Well the old autoparts store brand el cheapo OBD2 reader wasn't cutting the mustard. So I broke down and spent the whopping total of about 30$ this week. Got the ELM327 unit from amazon, and bought dashcommand, and the expanded PID pack for the 99's... Im remarkably impressed, took me a minute to get it set up, but I was able to re-learn the cmp offset first thing (replaced the stock plastic crap-tec GM distributor with a nice billet body one last week to get rid of a serious misfire issue) and identified a couple other issues with the truck I suspected but couldn't quite confirm. being able to live drive and data log off my cell phone is a win in my book.
Confirmed my bank 1 cat is plugged up pretty good, watched the upstream and downstream voltage on the o2's do some wonky stuff. I already bought the new downpipe set with both cats mounted so that validated my purchase lol.
Saved myself the 65$ on having a tech do the crank relearn.. win in my book
verified my speedo was wrong, but the computer was reading the correct speed.. didn't solve and issue but helped me with figuring some crap out..

Anything else you guys use this thing for? Still figuring out all the little PID expansions and what they do. Whoever made this program was a genius.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's next on my list of to buy items. I was debating on dash command or Torque Pro.

Reaction score
I cant comment on Torque Pro, probably six of one half dozen of the other, but dash commands list of PID's is awesome. Only one I found was missing was the Bank 1 sensor 2 O2 voltage PID for my 99. Being able to dive in the computer and pull up bar graphs, line voltages, amps out of the alternator, even the transmission temp has been handy as heck. The user interface could use some polish but its worth the money. Hell, used it on my fiancé's 2008 HHR to figure out an issue this weekend.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I use the Bluetooth adapter and Torque Pro in my 91 with a 5.3.
Instead of doing a bunch of gauges I just use a Samsung 8" tablet and have all my stuff on there.

I've changed alot of stuff on the display but had the pic on my phone.

That pic looks bad. But I'll find another one.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
You must be registered for see images attach