My LS swap in 2 dr 2 wd tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99kon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pacesetter Y with shoenfeld headers I would say was a gamble, but if you have a welder you'll make it work. If not, an exhaust shop will.

If you need any OE parts, I have several extras kicking around here. I also have a leadpipe that goes behind the Y pipe, got a 2x4 version with my flowmaster catback.

The headers are made for this type swap , the Y pipe is the only thing Im not certain about because it is from an 07 and up silverado. But I do have a welder and saw to make it work.
Thanks for the offer. I hope I don't need anything as this is my daily and I put aside 4 days to do this. I work a 9/80 schedule and I'm off every other Friday and took a vacation day on Monday. I think I have everything other than oil, oil filter. I'm doing the tuning myself with HP tuners. Then hope to have t in the exhaust shop on Monday to finish it up.

99kon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You were switching to electric fans too? Right?

Yes I will but not at the moment. I haven't had time to hit up the pick your part to get some fans. People want $100- $150 for LS1 fans and $200 for 05+ truck fans. I know I can get a better deal at the jumk yard and I make my own wiring harness.

99kon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
The headers are made for this type swap , the Y pipe is the only thing Im not certain about because it is from an 07 and up silverado. But I do have a welder and saw to make it work.
Thanks for the offer. I hope I don't need anything as this is my daily and I put aside 4 days to do this. I work a 9/80 schedule and I'm off every other Friday and took a vacation day on Monday. I think I have everything other than oil, oil filter. I'm doing the tuning myself with HP tuners. Then hope to have t in the exhaust shop on Monday to finish it up.

If you need any help with HP Tuners let me know. I have the package too.

Are you swapping to the newer transmission with PWM or using the current one?

99kon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good deal, my buddy owns HotShot Performance Tuning in Crosby which is 20 min from the house, but you can never have enough tuner friends. lol
Using the current one. Still shifts and feels good. Truck odometer has 249,*** miles but i feel the entire drive train was rebuilt at one point.
I know the PO did rebuild the rear end, as far as bearings and seals.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
Good deal, my buddy owns HotShot Performance Tuning in Crosby which is 20 min from the house, but you can never have enough tuner friends. lol
Using the current one. Still shifts and feels good. Truck odometer has 249,*** miles but i feel the entire drive train was rebuilt at one point.
I know the PO did rebuild the rear end, as far as bearings and seals.

Just make sure you don't have PWM tuning for a nonPWM trans/converter. Could make your life absolutely miserable.

99kon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for the heads up!!

99kon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Was going to start in the morning but decided to start on it when I got home from work. Took me about 4 hrs to pull it.
Pushed it out of the garage and sprayed the engine bay with degreaser and washed it down.
I'll do some detailing tomorrow and drop the 4.8 in. Start the wiring also.