My custom console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jasonreichle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With some summer holidays i finally was able to get my console done.. it isnt too fancy but its there, i made it with OSB wood and upholstered it with blue vinyl, i put to switches for my rigid d2's and another one for my emergency lights, i also put in a 6.5" Pyle audio sub, powered by a 400 watt mtx amp.. i had it attached to my NBS console that i have in my truck, heres some pictures for people who want ideas... and any thoughts anyone? looking for a half decent amp for my 2 subs and to power my speakers in my truck? needing ideas.. im also ordering new 4x6 speakers for the rear.. any suggestions on a brand? i allready have decent xplod ones in my front.. thanks for the input!
You must be registered for see images attach

qukon 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry to tell you ply wood should not be used for sub enclosed .MDF or particle board

brycebba

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I hate to be "that guy" but actually the best material for enclosures is Birch Ply, and second place is mdf. I can't recall the reason but in regards to acoustics that is how they rate. Mdf is MUCH cheaper than Birch Ply so unless you are trying to squeeze every bit out of the enclosure after you have designed it to the best degree I always use mdf. It like a quarter of the cost per sheet where I live

brycebba

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Very true! Like I said, unless you are going for a pro setup and have tuned your box which is a science, build something simple and unless you use thin junk material or it isn't well sealed it should sound just fine. As long as it sounds good to you that is all that matters. Good job man

Fredridge

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice.... I found a suburban conversion in the junkyard with a nice custom console... a little beat up, but nice.... I am going to have to try and pad it like you did yours

jasonreichle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Very true! Like I said, unless you are going for a pro setup and have tuned your box which is a science, build something simple and unless you use thin junk material or it isn't well sealed it should sound just fine. As long as it sounds good to you that is all that matters. Good job man

Thanks! it doesnt sound amazing but hey.. it pounds like a hoss, its temporary until i can use a smaller amp on it then it wont pound too hard becuase im getting one that will power all my speakers 6.5"s and 4x6s and then use also on that console sub.. then use my 400 watt on my 10" mtx in the rear.. just thoughts. painfully expensive when your a senior in high school yet hahah

jasonreichle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice.... I found a suburban conversion in the junkyard with a nice custom console... a little beat up, but nice.... I am going to have to try and pad it like you did yours

Defiantly pick that right up! ive been looking but small towns dont have those big city expensive vehicles to just pick from hahahah

brycebba

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks! it doesnt sound amazing but hey.. it pounds like a hoss, its temporary until i can use a smaller amp on it then it wont pound too hard becuase im getting one that will power all my speakers 6.5"s and 4x6s and then use also on that console sub.. then use my 400 watt on my 10" mtx in the rear.. just thoughts. painfully expensive when your a senior in high school yet hahah
I did the same thing in high school, always tinkering. Keep that creativity flowing. Some of my favorite ideas or mods I have done are ones that came from parts lying around or were cheap because that's where I had to be most creative.