my custom center console build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
Welp, Me being me, I always look for new things to add to my truck, and ever since i was forced to remove my CB from it's area due to buying some add on cup holders, i decided to tackle my first center console project :hmm:

I wanted something simple, something that could hold my CB, and wanted something that could get rid of the jump-seat, but yet still have room for my 4x4 floor lever. SO i knew this would be complicated..
I also wanted to make this perfect, and me being me, i always use the scroll saw or my band saw for wood working, but I decided to use my dad's table saw for the first time. It made the job 1000x faster.
PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT THIS BUILD IS NOT PERFECT, MAINLY BECAUSE I AM GOING TO COVER IT WITH CARPET. SO ALL OF THE IMPREFECTIONS ARE NOT GOING TO BE SEEN ONCE I AM DONE!!

And the adventure begins (I will post the measurements tomorrow, that's if someone is interested) Worked hours today alone : 5:30 P.M. to 11:10 P.M.

Stated out with a box and some rough-cut angle pieces so it would sit flush on the floorboard
You must be registered for see images attach

I want to re-use my lock and top lid so i can lock up my goodies while on the road

This is where i thanked my dad for having a 17" bandsaw :evillol:

Then i start on the bottom change holder (well, that's the idea for now)

I then cut off the back portion of the cupholdes so I could fit a spot in for my CB

Measured out a section perfectly so i could mount my cb in this monster!

(How I mounted it:)

The bottom box coin holder/small compartment for random odd ball things) (I dont know if ill use this, lol it's a bed off a RC truck body i found in the garage :gunner:)

managed to re-use the stock center console 'internals'

Almost done! Got it into a solid piece. Need to put it back in the truck for school tommorow

In the truck: Im so proud on how this came out. i love how it looks, even w/o carpet..

That's how it looks now. Since I don't have football practice for the rest of the week, all my time from end of school to bed is going to be put into this monster until im done :evillol:

Thoughts, opinions, etc, all are recommended!

I also plan to cover it with carpet tommorow.. Just FYI

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
How did you mount it to the floor?

-Sent from my twin turbo Desire using diesel fuel.-

Last edited:

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
I think it looks pretty good and is functional for the purposes you wanted. once it gets carpet on it I think it'll be a solid design, but I too am curious as to how its mounted

Sent from my static android

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
Thanks everybody! I have not mounted it to the floor yet, but i will think of something when I come home. It actually sits flush and tight in the center area and didn't move when i tried to budge it. But I still want to mount it. Ill continue this project when I come home from school and post pics

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Very good! Looks like you made sure to get the right measurements. Turned out well.

Only suggestion I would make is to sand the corners. That's just me, I'd rather have the edges be a little rounder than a hard corner, I'd probably just get a belt sander/orbital sander/ or just some sandpaper and sand those down to make less of a "hard" or sharp corner, know what I mean?

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
Looks good.

Very good! Looks like you made sure to get the right measurements. Turned out well.

Only suggestion I would make is to sand the corners. That's just me, I'd rather have the edges be a little rounder than a hard corner, I'd probably just get a belt sander/orbital sander/ or just some sandpaper and sand those down to make less of a "hard" or sharp corner, know what I mean?

This, or if you have a router, you could use a roundover bit. They come in various sizes. It would do wonders for the look and feel of the console.

You must be registered for see images