My 99 2500 ccsb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KevinF

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys.

So I picked up a new (to me) GMT400 to replace my old one.

Old one:
98 K2500 ext cab short box.
Drive by wire LM7 5.3L mated to rebuilt 4l80e.
Hydroboost swap from 05 Tahoe 1500.
ABS delete, proportioning valve from earlier GMT400.
Alarm starter, DVD player (2din with custom bezel), backup camera above receiver (easy trailer hookup).
Helper bags in rear.
Rebuilt/resealed everything suspension and drivetrain wise.
Spray in boxliner and spray on rockers.
Power window/mirror and door panel swap from a high trim model.

I dragged 2 of these trucks out of a field. Blown 350, well used, paid $760. Made my money back (on the initial investment alone) parting out the one I didn't keep. Figured out the 5.3 swap as I went. Wiring harness from Nelson, Dirty Dingo engine mounts. Been an awesome truck. The notion of selling it is difficult since I've got so much time (and some money) into it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

KevinF

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the replacement and the truck for which this thread has been created.

I have done nothing more with it than test drive it, load and unload it (pulled 1000km home), and pull it off the trailer.

454, 4l80e, aux trans cooler and fan, 14bff, NP243. Body is good but not perfect, quite a few large stone chips on the doors.

I plan to get it licensed first.. Should be easy although the rear 14bff probably will battle me with seals. The steering and suspension is very tight. Best I've ever seen on a GMT400 I think. Tinted windows will have to get swapped out so I can pass the safety inspection and get it plated in my province. Also has a small exhaust leak where the pipes bolt together between the cats. Never seen that before.

After getting it through the inspection I'll deal with removing the front bumper for something less gaudy. Thinking of going to newer duramax wheels. A tire that appeals to me is something like a 255/85/16 or similar with a 17 or 18" wheel. As long as it is load range E. Then work on getting the basics back like stereo, alarm and starter, helper bags and a gooseneck hitch..

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Fvckin' eh buddy! Sweet rig! but lets see the new one! Glad to see some more Canadians on the forum!

Edit: I was too quick to the draw, lol! Sick! Agreed, that front bumper has to go!

You've got some unreal trailers to haul with, buddy!

KevinF

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hold on, 1 more pic of the old one so everyone doesn't think we get 4 seasons of snow in SK. :ROFLJest:

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
Both are nice trucks! I don't know if I missed it but what was the reasoning for getting rid of the old one?

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Red one is awesome! That bumper has to go though.

KevinF

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Bought the new one because I've been thinking about switching to a crew cab for a long time. Love the GMT400. Too bad I turned my old one into such a highly functional machine before starting this one.

Yes, the bumper and wheels aren't my treat. Pretty easy things to change. The CC is pretty well optioned out. There is a tiny bit of wear on the drivers' seat bolster. The Tahoe on the trailer has heated seats and a thermometer, but the CC only has power leather and a compass. Not sure if that's as good as pickups came or if its missing some options.

Only the 16' flat deck is mine. The sea can trailer (hydraulic tilt and ram for loading) was rented with the sea can when I moved. The 48' goose belongs to a friend, but lives at my house in the country, so I have access to it. Borrowed his truck for that trip.

benz88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Crazy, I was looking at that Crew Cab last week on Kijiji haha. I'm on the hunt for one.

KevinF

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right now I have the 98 extended cab, 99 crew cab, the 99 Tahoe that's on the trailer and a 97 Yukon. I will be selling all but the CCSB soon.

I have a few things I want to tidy up on the 98 before selling, and fix up some electrical quirks that have surfaced.

And some non-gmt400 stuff.