My 88 rcsb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfcivic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used a hole saw for the hole in the cup and just route to line in the frame and be sure to align the 90 out the bag with the hole. Also no grommets on mine cause every air line I did I wrapped it in heater hose. I'll hunt some pics

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
Got the majority of the front finished up this weekend, still have to cut and raise the exhaust, notch out for the tie rods and cut back the inside of the fenders. I have to say it's been a lot work but I am happy camper! Here's a pic before I put the bag and spindle back on, notice the air line in the frame rail.
You must be registered for see images attach

Here's pic of the front bag with the hole I drilled and ovaled out to run the air line through.

Top views

Need some fender trimming

Laying pipe!

and the frame almost.

Money shots

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
I hope you covered that airline with heater hose and just didn't post it in the pic!!

I didn't I just wanted to see back on 4 wheels. I'll put the hose on there when I tear it back down to do the shock mounts and notch out for the tie rods. What did you use to keep the hose from moving back and forth?

smurfcivic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I didn't I just wanted to see back on 4 wheels. I'll put the hose on there when I tear it back down to do the shock mounts and notch out for the tie rods. What did you use to keep the hose from moving back and forth?

I got tubing straps from work that are stainless so no rust either. Also used the same when routing over notches. Also ran all my valves in instrument cable with 4 conductors. If u look closely u can see them center on each notch.

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
Ok got the front bag pockets cut out and want to now how everyone runs the air line to the bag. I am assuming I have to drill a larger hole for the line to come through and then get some type of rubber grommet so it will protect the line from being cut. If anyone would like to share a pic or two please do.

i wasn't educated in this particular area myself and bought straight fittings. my air lines come straight up through the frame and Tee at the top of the engine (for now). Im gonna take my bags/cups out and drill a hole on the side of the upper cup and route the line through the frame rail as you mentioned. i've got to buy 90* fittings first and i've been more concerned with the bed lately so i'll be correcting the front asap.

off topic: the final measurements on my bed project dictate that 7 & 11/16" will the the over-all raise/drop depending on how to refer to it. pics as i can get them.

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
i wasn't educated in this particular area myself and bought straight fittings. my air lines come straight up through the frame and Tee at the top of the engine (for now). Im gonna take my bags/cups out and drill a hole on the side of the upper cup and route the line through the frame rail as you mentioned. i've got to buy 90* fittings first and i've been more concerned with the bed lately so i'll be correcting the front asap.

off topic: the final measurements on my bed project dictate that 7 & 11/16" will the the over-all raise/drop depending on how to refer to it. pics as i can get them.

I got lucky and bought 4 - 90's when I ordered the fittings from Aired Up just to be able to air up and test everything. I still need to order all of the other fittings when I get to the air management part of the build. As for the bed, I was looking at it the other day and it doesn't look to hateful to do. I really want to find a donor bed though just to make it a little easier.

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
I got lucky and bought 4 - 90's when I ordered the fittings from Aired Up just to be able to air up and test everything. I still need to order all of the other fittings when I get to the air management part of the build. As for the bed, I was looking at it the other day and it doesn't look to hateful to do. I really want to find a donor bed though just to make it a little easier.

i made it clear to the guy doing my bed that he could scratch the inside of the bed where needed.. (of course it has to be considering the grinding and welding), but the bedsides and roll pan area are not to be scratched or i'll come un-glued! hehe.

i'd planned on covering my air lines with some sort of rubber hose in certain areas to prevent rubbing/chaffing, just haven't looked far into it yet.