My 88 1500 Cheyenne

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joep88cheyenne

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is my working truck.. Wasn't looking for a show truck or don't scratch the paint truck, just a truck long bed.

4.3l, 5 speed Standard cab.

Replaced inside door panels with aftermarket ones, changed out the small sport side mirrors with the larger sized ones. All manual interior, windows, locks, mirrors, transmission. Still need couple of things for the inside, new headliner, seat upholstery, visors. But it is coming along. If I would it could be a daily driver, runs reliably.

You must be registered for see images attach

joep88cheyenne

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The tool box was already installed, and I added a tailgate ladder to make getting in and out easier.
Other upgrades planning is to drop rear 2 inches and put step loops so my wife can get in and out easier.

Had it 6 months and did a tune up, cap, rotor, wires and plugs. Drove it to CA and back to DFW in the beginning of summer right after that with only one minor issue remaining... The high pressure switch on ac is broken, looks like a wire connection fail, but when pushed back on has worked reliably.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
If I owned another RCLB 4.3/5spd I would daily it all day long. My urge to have another one is growing!

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Sounds like a solid work truck. The ac in my 96 doesnt work either lol. Although i live in indiana and dont have deal with texas heat.

Mater03

Reaction score
my 96 came form the factory with out a/c LOL

but live in michigan so only really need it for one month of the year

sandlapper

Reaction score
I am the owner of a 1997 GMC Sierra 1500 SL work truck model myself.Like you I didn't want anything that I was afraid to sratch up or anything as I do scrap metal.I also have the 4.3 engine in mine.Keep up the good work on your's and post some more pics.I would love to see what you have done with it.

joep88cheyenne

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have just replaced the heater core in my truck.. And I got heat! Funny it seems to like the new core.. Could be me but it seems to sound better with a free flowing core instead of the plugged one.
I now need to patch the cover for it as a PO had cracked it when it was removed prior to my ownership. Seems there is a bolt that is slightly hidden and many miss it.. I studied LMC diagrams and YouTube's before removing mine.

joep88cheyenne

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have patched the cracks with 2 coats of abs cement. I could sand and make it pretty but it is unseen unless you lay on your back and shine a light up at it to see the patching. Now honestly I was not going for show quality and the temp is falling and I need to direct heat to defogger.
I will post a shot of the crack patch before I put it back in. It really could use sanding and couple of shots of black paint to finish it. But will wsorry about that in the late spring.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am definitely going to go to school on your efforts. I have a 93 Cheyenne that I am just starting on. Headliner next . It appears that a PO idiot GLUED mine in. That is he glued the backer board to the truck... much fun I'm sure. Will be interested to see what you do to yours.

joep88cheyenne

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is the cover for the core with the ABS Cement on the cracks. The dauber in the can doesn't allow an easy. Just this spot or this crack amount of glue.