My 454SS's, now that's alot of S's.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well just an FYI check where the frame comes down under the door where it changes from boxed frame to C channel frame. I had similar frame damage on my 94 and the frame bent under the door
You must be registered for see images attach

Mercedes mechanic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well just an FYI check where the frame comes down under the door where it changes from boxed frame to C channel frame. I had similar frame damage on my 94 and the frame bent under the door
You must be registered for see images attach
I have already measured and checked that area, its within 1/4 of the other side, but who knows if the concrete is straight.

Good heads up for those first timers.

It was only a 10 mph hit. Where the bumper was bent in the worse was the frame support on the other car. So the middle of the bumper centered the other cars frame rail. Thats why it looks so bad, but behind the front gear box bolts the frame is straight as an arrow.

Mercedes mechanic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh ok mine was a 30mph hit into a chev colorado:lol:
I believe that had it been harder, it would have been a loss for the abilities I have, the frame guys would have got this one.

But I think I can get her back straight again. I got to put the column in the new 454 tomorrow, then call the wrecker to take it to the body shop, which is where the White 454 is, getting her new paint, and fix the windshield area, so that it dont come apart anymore when I turn the base up. Also The White one is getting a fresh tailgate, to many little dents. plus I bent the inside of it a few years back.

I sitll got to put the new suspension under the White 454. The BBQ454 is in the shop getting her frame blasted and soda blasting the body. But its not getting anything but a full out race truck treatment. Super-charger and Some combo of Nitro running over 10.5's. I figure with the old engine out of the '56 should make a nice mill for the BBQ454.

I also put a new flywheel and starter into the Monte Carlo SS I bought a few weeks back, still have not gotten an offer on it yet, the only reason the guy sold it was because of the chipped teeth on the flywheel. Now its a solid drivable car again.

Wonder if he wants to buy it back for $200.00 more? Now that its fixed. lol.

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
I believe that had it been harder, it would have been a loss for the abilities I have, the frame guys would have got this one.

But I think I can get her back straight again. I got to put the column in the new 454 tomorrow, then call the wrecker to take it to the body shop, which is where the White 454 is, getting her new paint, and fix the windshield area, so that it dont come apart anymore when I turn the base up. Also The White one is getting a fresh tailgate, to many little dents. plus I bent the inside of it a few years back.

I sitll got to put the new suspension under the White 454. The BBQ454 is in the shop getting her frame blasted and soda blasting the body. But its not getting anything but a full out race truck treatment. Super-charger and Some combo of Nitro running over 10.5's. I figure with the old engine out of the '56 should make a nice mill for the BBQ454.

I also put a new flywheel and starter into the Monte Carlo SS I bought a few weeks back, still have not gotten an offer on it yet, the only reason the guy sold it was because of the chipped teeth on the flywheel. Now its a solid drivable car again.

Wonder if he wants to buy it back for $200.00 more? Now that its fixed. lol.

thought you sold the bbq SS

Mercedes mechanic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thought you sold the bbq SS
I did, but the guy who bought it is a really close friend. The old mill out of the '56 has been sitting on the shop floor for over five years, wonder if it will even still turn over. lol.

Thats why I changed my sig to 3 454's instead of 4. lol.

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
I did, but the guy who bought it is a really close friend. The old mill out of the '56 has been sitting on the shop floor for over five years, wonder if it will even still turn over. lol.

Thats why I changed my sig to 3 454's instead of 4. lol.

ahh I see now lol , I didnt notice your sig