My 1996 C1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96ronburgundy

Reaction score
This is my '96 RCSB Chevy nicknamed Ron Burgundy, that I bought last week tuesday as my new DD. It's got a 4.3 with a 5 speed and has 116k miles. So far I've put about 200 miles on it since I bought it and I absolutely love driving it.

Here it is the day I bought it:

You must be registered for see images attach

So far I've only had 2 problems with the truck. The first was the clutch master being low and causing a hard shifting problem. I added fluid and it's been shifting just fine.

The other problem I had was the OE radio wasn't keeping memory. I dealt with it until I put my own stereo in it and even then I had problems with it not turning on. I jumped the 12v power wire to the 12v constant power to get it to work. It still didn't keep memory until I worked on it today. I misread the fuse block and thought it had no power. Well it turned out that I was missing the fuse.

This is the stereo I put in:

It's a sony Xplod CDX-700hd which I like. My last stereo that I had for 5 years was a Pioneer and when I got my sub and amp for Christmas, the output for the amp didn't work so I took this out from my '88 Mark VII. I also put the Sony speakers I had from the dash of my '95 S-10. Hopefully this weekend I'll put the pioneer door speakers in this weekend.

The rear speakers I put today:

The old speakers I took out:

Here's some pics I took today before I went to work:

The tailgate has some clearcoat peeling on the upper left portion. There's also a Rust spot in the Chevrolet banner. Maybe before the fall I'll see about getting it fixed. Most of what'll be done to the truck will be on a tight budget.

96ronburgundy

Reaction score
Last week I had ordered new tails and they came in and got installed Thursday.

I also put in a new chime module from a 93 caprice but it left the seatbelt light on. So I got another from an 88 caprice in the yard that doesn't do that.

OE chime module

93 caprice chime module

88 caprice

I also installed the Camaro needles I had laying around from a 93 or 94. They required modification to go on. I think ones from a 96+ will work without modification but I'm not sure.

And the photo shoot I did last week Sunday when it was nice out.