My 1991 S10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VIKING_MECHANIC

GMT 400 obsessed Swede.
Reaction score
Some of you may know that I have 4 trucks. You've probably seen the 3 GMTs, but not my S10. This truck has a lot of history so I'll try to condense most of it.

In 2010 when I was 17, my oldest brother gave me the truck that he got from his boss at the time. He was starting to accumulate a family and didn't have a need for it, so he it became my first truck and I actually learned how to drive in it. So needless to say, it's sentimental to me.

For the first few years, I could not drive it but on our property as the truck had no title. My uncle helped me get the title in my name and in 2013, I got to drive the truck for the first and last time on the road. I was on the way to my cousin's when the truck begin to run very, very rough. It got to the point that it was struggling to even idle. Me and my uncle(who taught me alot of what I know), eventually came to the conclusion that oil was getting into the combustion chamber and causing it to run like ****. My senior year in high school, my shop teacher helped me replace the timing chain as he thought it may have jumped a tooth or was just worn. It ran a bit better, but still wanted to die sometimes.

In mid-2015 I had the engine rebuilt by a local shop(same one that did the 4.3 K1500), but never got around to reattaching the accessory drive and it just sat at my uncles for a few years. In 2018, me and my oldest brother towed it up to my house that I'm at now. When loading it onto the trailer, I heard a "clunk" as I took it out of park. Didn't think of it until we got to my house and once off the trailer and in park, we leaned against it and the truck rolled back about a foot. Great. Broken transmission now. When me and my uncle took the engine out for the rebuild, we forgot to cap off the tailhousing on the trans so all the fluid leaked out. I wasn't plan on refilling it until we had the engine back in and ready to run.

At this point, the truck has been sitting for so long that rats chewed through some wiring in the engine bay and the engine I'll have to possibly take apart to make sure it will rotate freely as I'm not sure if rust or other contaminants have built up in the engine. I also will attempt to rebuild the 700R4 that is in it. This truck needs a lot of love to get back on the road.

You must be registered for see images attach

VIKING_MECHANIC

GMT 400 obsessed Swede.
Reaction score

Got bored one day and drove a 2WD truck into a muddy field...

VIKING_MECHANIC

GMT 400 obsessed Swede.
Reaction score

Found these two connectors one day in the engine bay, no idea what they go to.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Guess you'll have to catch Mickey Mouse and ask him.....
Hope you get it sorted out though. Someone on here should have a wiring diagram for it.