MT2500 snap-on scanner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a MT2500 and have a question about the coolant temp read-out. I am wondering what is the scanner reading, engine temp for the temp gauge in the dash or the CTS sensor for the computer? shouldn't the reading change when the sensor is disconnected? Can it be changed to read F* vs C* ?

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It reads the sensor for the computer. The sensor for the dash gauge is the one on the side of the head. The sensor for the computer is the one near the thermostat on a TBI engine. I don't know know where it is located on a Vortec but would assume roughly the same location. Yes the reading should change when unplugged. Make sure that you are unplugging the correct one. The one on the head will do nothing for the reading you are looking at on the scanner. I have no idea if you can change from F* to C*. I have no experience with the MT2500 but I would assume that you can.