MsChevy's 1997 Chevy Silverado ECSB aka Big Blue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I believe all the wires you mentioned except the yellow are speaker wires. I want to say the yellow is constant to the radio but it's been a long time since I messed with anything stereo related.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
I believe all the wires you mentioned except the yellow are speaker wires. I want to say the yellow is constant to the radio but it's been a long time since I messed with anything stereo related.

Hmmm, there is 2 yellow wires... Here's the wiring diagram I used (from the12volt.com)
Orange - Constant 12V+
Yellow - Switched 12V+ (The PO wired this from the start button, red wire. Maybe it should be the left over yellow wire instead?)
Black - Ground
Gray - Illumination (Could this be the left over gray wire? New HU don't have wire for this, neither did the old one)
Brown - Dimmer (Not used? Only have 1 brown, goes to a speaker)

Front Speakers 6 1/2" Doors
Tan - Left Front (+)
Gray - Left Front (-)
Lt Green - Right Front (+)
Dk Green - Right Front (-)

Rear Speakers 4" x 6" Side Pillar
Brown - Left Rear (+)
Yellow - Left Rear (-)
Dk Blue - Right Rear (+)
Lt Blue - Right Rear (-)

That still leaves me with 3 extra wires: purple/white, green and green/white...

It's so weird, the old HU was wired the same way I wired the new one and it worked when I bought the truck...

Last edited:

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
I think I figured out what the extra wires are for:

Purple/White = LED Dimmer
Dk Green = RAP fuse supply
Dk Green/White = VSS
Gray = Illumination Circuit Power
Yellow = Switched Power (Probably)

Same wires are used with a Driver Information Center, except the yellow one.

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
My new headlights and taillights finally arrived, it took the swedish customs over a week to clear them (and a whole bunch of other stuff). No cheap ebay stuff, cheap ends up being very expencive after shipping it across the planet, I'd rather pay for quality than shipping. I went with black Anzo headlights, bumper lights + corners and red/clear Anzo taillights with regular bulbs (can't have red turnsignals and I like the bulb once better). Unfortunately I couldn't install the taillights, my truck isn't wired like the US trucks so I have to make a new harness for them to work the way they should and to be compliant with our laws.
I also got new bulbsockets for pos/turnsignals up front (PO glued in the bulbs when the sockets got worn out) and a 1967 Impala rear fold down/up license plate holder.

You must be registered for see images attach

Mounted, after alot of adjusting I got them to fit pretty well:

As far as I know all that is left is the roll pan, grille insert and lift kit and I'll have the truck I want as far as looks goes. (Haha or so I think, lol)

I also got my stereo working, I can't for my life figure out how the old stereo could work the way it was wired since the new one wouldn't even turn on after being wired the exact same way. The yellow wire I found behind the stereo that wasn't used was the switched power wire I needed. Now I just gotta look over the settings since there is no bass at all and the balance seams a bit of. For now only country music sounds half desent.

The blue on the stereo is actually the same as the rest of the instruments and the white matches the interior lights. I got lucky on this one, it was the only one with blue and white lights and all the functions I wanted.
It has all the fancy stuff like AUX, USB with iPod/iPhone controll and displays song & caller info on the screen, bluethooth, handsfree, 4x55 watt channels, 2x RCA for Amps and Radio with RDS (trafic info) and remote control.

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
HAPPY 1-YEAR ANNIVERSARY! (August 8th, 2014)

It doesn't feel like I've done much but this is what it looked like when I bought it.

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking at your before and after pics, WOW, that thing is SHARP!

You've really done a great job with the new look of the truck. I'd break my neck double-taking if I ever saw that in traffic in Europe!

Have you thought about doing the 4-corner mod? Is that allowed by your laws? How does it do in the snow, in your opinion?