MsChevy's 1997 Chevy Silverado ECSB aka Big Blue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
Looking good! That's a good amount of progress.

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
Looking at your before and after pics, WOW, that thing is SHARP!
You've really done a great job with the new look of the truck. I'd break my neck double-taking if I ever saw that in traffic in Europe!

Have you thought about doing the 4-corner mod? Is that allowed by your laws? How does it do in the snow, in your opinion?

Thanks! It has been a lot of hard work, many long weekends! :)
Yes, I've been wanting to do the 4-corner mod since I got the truck. No, it's probably not illegal, I don't think we have any laws about number of turnsignals, only color and visability (front, side, rear).

Snow, well I've only had it for one winter and when we finally got a decent amount of snow it got stolen and was in a shop for 9 weeks but I did get to drive it a little and with my studded winter tires (pretty much everyone has them so nothing unusual) it did great. I had parked it on the side of a road where there was a couple of inches of thick blank ice, I put it in drive (2wd) and not much happend, put it in 4wd and drove of. Compared to my -02 Chevy Blazer and -00 Ford Explorer, both with auto 4wd and alot younger at the time, the truck perform just as well and that with an empty bed. Compared to my -07 2wd Dodge Magnum it's like night and day, the Magnum gets stuck in 3 inches of snow on a warm winter day on flat ground. I haven't been able to test it out in deep snow yet but I have no doubts in it's performance. :)

Btw, if you ever came to Sweden in the summer, especially when Power Big Meet is, you would be breaking your neck A LOT! It's the biggest car meet of it's kind in the world (yes, the whole world), 20.000 classic american cars, trucks and semi trucks (50-70is mostly) and all of them in great condition. People come from all over the world with their cars! Every weekend from end of May 'til October there is at least one car event/meet, usually more. We are motorheads and gearheads and we love all kinds of racing and rally. And we spend a fortune on our vehicles! :) It's also very cheap to own a classic car here (30 years or older), no taxes, insurance is cheap (my -63 Impala is insured for $50k and costs about $480 a year when in trafic or $130 when in storage with full coverage = I get $50k if it's totaled) and inspection every second year.

More done there than it may look to you. Not bad for a years work. Nice work.
Thank you! :) Yeah, I know... but my to-do-list is still very long, lol

Looking good! That's a good amount of progress.
Thanks! I guess I'm just impatient :)

Your truck looks amazing.
Thank you very much! :)

Would you be interested in selling those tail lights?
New or old once?
Actually, I can't sell any of them, I'm making the new once work with my truck but inspection officers here are morons so I need to keep my old once as backups if they fail the new once.
Btw, you do realize I live on the other side of the planet? That's about 4000 to 5500 miles by air depending on where you live, shipping would suck! :)

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Thanks! It has been a lot of hard work, many long weekends! :)
Yes, I've been wanting to do the 4-corner mod since I got the truck. No, it's probably not illegal, I don't think we have any laws about number of turnsignals, only color and visability (front, side, rear).

Snow, well I've only had it for one winter and when we finally got a decent amount of snow it got stolen and was in a shop for 9 weeks but I did get to drive it a little and with my studded winter tires (pretty much everyone has them so nothing unusual) it did great. I had parked it on the side of a road where there was a couple of inches of thick blank ice, I put it in drive (2wd) and not much happend, put it in 4wd and drove of. Compared to my -02 Chevy Blazer and -00 Ford Explorer, both with auto 4wd and alot younger at the time, the truck perform just as well and that with an empty bed. Compared to my -07 2wd Dodge Magnum it's like night and day, the Magnum gets stuck in 3 inches of snow on a warm winter day on flat ground. I haven't been able to test it out in deep snow yet but I have no doubts in it's performance. :)

Btw, if you ever came to Sweden in the summer, especially when Power Big Meet is, you would be breaking your neck A LOT! It's the biggest car meet of it's kind in the world (yes, the whole world), 20.000 classic american cars, trucks and semi trucks (50-70is mostly) and all of them in great condition. People come from all over the world with their cars! Every weekend from end of May 'til October there is at least one car event/meet, usually more. We are motorheads and gearheads and we love all kinds of racing and rally. And we spend a fortune on our vehicles! :) It's also very cheap to own a classic car here (30 years or older), no taxes, insurance is cheap (my -63 Impala is insured for $50k and costs about $480 a year when in trafic or $130 when in storage with full coverage = I get $50k if it's totaled) and inspection every second year.

Thank you! :) Yeah, I know... but my to-do-list is still very long, lol

Thanks! I guess I'm just impatient :)

Thank you very much! :)

New or old once?
Actually, I can't sell any of them, I'm making the new once work with my truck but inspection officers here are morons so I need to keep my old once as backups if they fail the new once.
Btw, you do realize I live on the other side of the planet? That's about 4000 to 5500 miles by air depending on where you live, shipping would suck! :)
The old ones. I realize that! But those tails were never offered here! Extremely rare!

Let me know :)

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
Not really an update but it looks like I'll be getting a new windshield before winter... I wouldn't be surprised if this is the original windshield, it's so bad! I didn't think about it until a few days ago when I took this pic, but I'm surprised it passed the inspection. Having a little crack in the wrong place and they'll make you get a new windshield, but apparently poor visibility all over is okay.
I've been wanting to replace it for a while tho, I want to put an eyebrow on it and I'd like to have it mounted on the inside.

This is the visibility in daylight... Not pictured are the cracks from here to there, dussins of big rock chips and thousands of small white dots from smaller rocks.
You must be registered for see images attach

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
A little update.

This weekend I finally had the chance to give the truck a little spa treatment. From a far it didn't look so bad but from about 15ft in direct sunlight whatever the PO had managed to do was very visibly. I think he put on about a ton of wax and didn't wipe it off properly.
So the weekend consisted of washing the whole truck with dishwashing soap, claybar, polish and finally wax. After I washed it I drove up to our shop 5 minutes away on a dry asphalt road and when I was claybaring it there was still so much dirt even tho I washed it last weekend too. It's so clean, smooth and slippery now it's ridiculous!
I also painted the valance, turned out nice. All that's missing now is the grille insert, painting the towhooks and getting rid of that black thing on the hood and the front is done.

Before:

After: