Moving springs to inside of frame for wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I am dropping a 99 2wd 2dr tahoe or atleast thats what i have the lowering kit for. I have been back and forth about bagging it and running a 4 link. I think i am going to just static drop the truck for a nice daily driver. The drop is a 4-6 and i plan on running a 15 or a 16" wheel and would like a wider tire in the rear a 10 at most and run a 6-7 in front.

This is the reason i ask about moving the springs is so i can run a wider wheel.

I know the next thing int the way would be the frame and i would rather not move it in but i can. I have seen 10" wheels on the back of the truck so the tahoe should be close. It is like finding a needle in a hay stack getting info on guys running wide wheels with stock frames on these.

Thanks for the help guys and gals.

I should also note that the springs and hangers are already off since the prior owner cut them off along with all the brackets on rearend.

project 67 sub

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you posted this in the wrong forum, may be better suited for the street and track section, instead of the lifted and offroad section. maybe a moderator can move it for you

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I'm running x10s kn the rear but I'm lifted so no help here might wana just make a new thread in the right section