motor swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

southernties

Reaction score
Hey guys, new on here. Never knew this site existed and i'm on my fourth 88-98 silvy. The question I have is in my 90 with a 350; I have a 350 out of a 84 or 85 C20, can I swap the two motors easily or is it going to be more headache than its worth? Thanks in advance.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
It can be done rather easily if you have the experience. Do you plan on going carbed or TBI?

southernties

Reaction score
I want to keep the tbi set up. I've swapped engines before on other trucks just never an older motor into a newer truck. Also, I've been looking and can't get a solid answer, which of the two have the most horsepower? It's going to be a stock swap or a very mild build all depends on cost.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
If the older engine is just stock and the engine in the truck is good, I would just keep the engine that's in it right now.

southernties

Reaction score
My motor currently is leaking bad from the pan and rear main and valve seals are about shot so I was going to pull it to re-gasket everything. Figured if I was going to pull it why not change it.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
The better engine would depend on what each one is. Pull the numbers off of the block.