motor clean up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chad

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
can someone help me with what i can and can't move off of my motor. this is my first time and i don't know where to start.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sounds like you're doing what I been doing.

I got a thread in the engine section called underhood de clutter or cleanup and chrome or something like that.

You can remove a/c if you don't need it, but you need a bypass pulley or non ac bracket setup. I got a non a/c steel bracket setup, which only 88 and some 89's and such had. Not sure on the alum. brackets.

That bracket beside the tbi if you have a tbi truck, all them things can be moved. I reloacted the MAP sensor, esc module and coil, removed the tbi ring, did an open element air cleaner, moved the computer ground and going to switch to a bolt on chrome water neck instead of the studs and factory neck. I also removed the plugins that were not being used. I removed my egr, but we don't have emissions to pass, and I heard it causes the check engine light to come on and stay on, so far mine hasn't. I don't think I have a 195 t-stat though and could be why it doesn't set the egr code. So with that removed I took it's solenoid off that bracket and throw it in the storage building outside.

I'm doing this for a cleaner look, not sure if you're just looking to do the same or to just clean things with like degreaser and what not?

my thread....

http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?3438-underhood-clean-up-and-declutter-plus-chrome.

93blackthunder

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I cannot remove the ring on the tbi unit cause my filter won't fit cause of the coolant hose how yall getting around that

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the upper radiator hose? mine clears just fine. You need a raised base for the air cleaner anyways. The stock or any other drop base air cleaner won't fit without a spacer if you remove the stock one.

What year is it? if it's like 96 or newer then it's a vortec and whole different story.

if it's a 93 not sure, got pics of the engine?

93blackthunder

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
93 it hits as is the water neck sticks almost srtaight up and then the hose comes up. Idk why everyone else can. No pics everything is totally from my blackberry. Why is every truck I own weird like this lol

Chad

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
its kind of hard to go by your thread. i have a vortec.