molding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Buy the roll. Make sure that you get enough, plus a bit extra.
The reason I say get the roll is because, well, take a look at a factory install of the body side moulding. For some reason it just looks like GM cheaped out. Big gaps between the sections, and, at the ends of the cab & box, it looks too short. With the roll you can make the breaks between the sections nice and close as possible & you can take it as far as you can around the back of the cab & the box, until it won't bend anymore. At the front of the doors, the molding has to be tapered back on the leading edge, so that it doesn't catch the fender.
At the wheelwell openings, you can take the molding right up to the edge and match it up to the wheelwell opening chrome, if you have that.
This is how I did my Chevy. Not the best pic, but the molding looks almost as if it's one piece. Compare it to the red truck in the 'So beautiful' thread. More than likely, it's wearing the factory molding.

You must be registered for see images attach

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
ok thanks for your help what did u use to cut it though?
Just a razor knife. Cut the molding from the backside. Makes for a cleaner cut.
I forgot to mention, we snapped a chalk line to make sure that the molding was put on straight.

trailer-trash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i bought the all black precut moldings from lmc....like $100 shipped...well worth not having the headache...just my $.02

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Here's some better pix of how tight I made the cuts to the edges of the openings, etc.

Behind front wheel, & door opening.

Back of door, body, & box front.

Back of rear wheel opening.

Yea, my bumper needs to be aligned!