Miss and doesn’t want to accelerate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Josh104626

Reaction score
I’ve got a 1997 k1500 5.7. It has a random miss and doesn’t want to accelerate at all. I’ve recently done the cap/rotor, wires and plugs. Ran great after all that, but now temps have been around 0 and it runs like crap.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Runs like crap, meaning it is back to running the SAME way as before the cap/rotor, wires and plugs? You need to be specific. Might try unplugging the CTS and see what happens. Fuel pressure and age of fuel filter? Any codes at all? Any CEL?

Josh104626

Reaction score
Runs like crap, meaning it is back to running the SAME way as before the cap/rotor, wires and plugs? You need to be specific. Might try unplugging the CTS and see what happens. Fuel pressure and age of fuel filter? Any codes at all? Any CEL?
Has a miss and has a really hard time accelerating. Fuel pressure was 60 something gauge was leaking a bit. Replaced the fuel filter a couple months ago. Has a p0300 miss code.

Keeper

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Since they were recently installed, I would double check the tune-up parts. Connections at both ends of each plug wire first, then plugs, cap, etc

Das Hatt

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are the plug wires routed correctly? Meaning, are the spacers set up so they are not crossing or touching each other?

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The code P0300 is something that should be shared in the beginning. Random/multiple misfire code. If feels exactly like it did before ignition parts were installed, I doubt the problem is them but yes, like @Keeper and @Das Hatt said, recheck your work. If you had crossed wires before and installed new the same way, that could explain. Personally, I am a big fan of knowing the compression. Remove plugs and inspect how each looks and make sure to lay out in cylinder order and do a compression test with all plugs out. Post results. Check for vacuum leaks as well.

Last edited: