Miles per gallon.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You know what they call a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in Paris?
irrelevant, burger isnt french and neither are fries. they are freedom fries. and made in belgium originally. why should i care what they call that.

Plus im sure whatever the punch line is i probably wouldnt get it for a while either lol

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
irrelevant, burger isnt french and neither are fries. they are freedom fries. and made in belgium originally. why should i care what they call that.

Plus im sure whatever the punch line is i probably wouldnt get it for a while either lol

Go watch Pulp Fiction, or at least this clip.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
The way manufacturers rated MPG's changed about 10 years ago because they were still using the test that was developed in the 70s when the national speed limit was 55 and car makers made cars that rated well but was drastically different than real world driving. I am not sure if Canada had their own test method or piggybacked on the US standard but that may have been a difference from before that change was made to account for the difference in MPG ratings.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
with the right attitude the sorrow of not enough MPG can be the happiness of loud noise and inefficient expression of joy
That is similar to Harley Davidson's motto: The easiest way to convert gasoline into noise without the annoyance of horsepower.

Last edited:

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm soooo ready for us to make the switch to the metric system. When I set up a tool box for one of my kids, I only bought metric tools. He's buying modern cars.

Also, here's some brain fuel.

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm soooo ready for us to make the switch to the metric system. When I set up a tool box for one of my kids, I only bought metric tools. He's buying modern cars.

Also, here's some brain fuel.

With my car I get sub 10 mpg because of how I drive.

Not much city driving.

Mostly long trips, rural.

Car.

I have a issue with not using boost and WOT

also, I only buy metric tools too. I mean, I kinda inherited a lot of SAE tools so it makes sense to buy metric since I have most SAE things I need.
however,I need to get in the habit of using SAE sockets for SAE because Ive gotten the 14mm and the 22, maybe 21mm socket stuck on so many god damn bolts/lugnuts that I should realize how tight it fits and go get the right one. lol.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Metric system is why people get old and die. They're making room for younger folks with flexible minds.

I've used Metric wrenches since the middle-'70s and I'm still not used to, or comfortable with Metric stuff. I still prefer to think of it as a French plot to screw-up the rest of the world, and they're succeeding mightily. In particular, I deeply resent the Celsius temperature scale. Freezing to boiling water in 100 degrees is nuts. 200 degrees, I could deal with. The damn degrees are too "big" as-is. The single redeeming feature of Celsius is that Forty Below is uniformly damn cold in either scale--C or F.

I get by. When I have to. Get off my lawn!

Last edited: