MattyJ's SLOW Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MattyJ

Resident Nats fan
Reaction score
Hey everyone! well the time has finally come for me to do MY build woot woot!! I've had my truck for about a year and a half, and I've spent that time getting the truck mechanically sound. New Engine, 2 rear ends, and just about everything else that bolts to the engine as well. I FINALLY started on the body about a week ago, then realized that my camera didn't work so i dont have any pictures of the carnage that i have had to fix so far. But i got a new camera last night so pictures are coming soon! So, here goes, lets see how long this takes me! By the way, i am totally all for any kind of advise you guys have to give, so lay it on me!

MattyJ

Resident Nats fan
Reaction score
whats yur plans for it?

well right now i am in the process of straightening the whole truck, so after that it will be primer for a while. I'm gonna do a 5-7 drop. Already got some 3" drop springs, now saving for the spindles and flip kit. I might make my own flip kit though. then some gray boss 338 wheels. As for paint color, i am really not sure, maybe two tone.... or maybe 1 color. If i do a two tone it would be like your style, with a dark burgandy on top with a gold or Gunmetal on the bottom. if i go with a single color it would be burgandy..... at least thats what I'm thinking right now truck is gold top, blue bottom right now, ugly as sin if you ask me. My ideas for paint colors are subject to change though lol

MattyJ

Resident Nats fan
Reaction score
getting the paint job for free too!! all i have to do is buy the paint lol. My buddy Larry is a paint and body man for 28 years and i have done a crap ton of mechanical work for him so he is paying me back with a paint job. It should be sweet whatever color i go with, he is an amazing painter.

MattyJ

Resident Nats fan
Reaction score
Oh! and about a month ago Empire Auto Parts had a sale 60% off all grilles. so i got myself a paintable 94-98 grille for..... $32 talk about the deal of the century lol now i need to figure out what lights i want to get for it

MattyJ

Resident Nats fan
Reaction score
Got some 3" drop springs thanks to whitesilvy
You must be registered for see images attach

DJM 2" drop spindles came today!

Haven't ever really posted picks of the truck on here before so here you go. Been working on straightening it for a while too. I'll keep updated picks of that part of the project from here on out